PT.3 C H A P T E R SIX

Three months ago
September 30th
Los Angeles
Robyn's POV

-

"Sit still, babe." I whispered, gently combing Anani's hair. She leaned back against my chest, eyes on the screen as she sung along softly to the song.

"Tree wittle monkeys.. jumjum bed." I smiled to myself at her little singing voice. Yes.. my baby was gonna be a little star.

I finished her bun before wrapping my arms around her and pressing a kiss to her cheek. "You like this song, babe?" She nodded and pointed at the tablet, the animated monkeys jumping. "Can you sing it for me again?"

"Okay mommy." She started the video over and I chuckled when she cleared her throat. "Weady?"

My mini me. "Yup, bless my ears girl."

She started to sing the song (to the best of her abilities) again and I rocked us side to side, occasionally joining in on the parts she didn't know. "You sing so well, you know that? You gonna be a singer like mommy?" She nodded and sat the tablet down before rolling over and leaning on my stomach, those beautiful eyes looking up at me like I was her world. Little did she know, she was mine.

"Mommy," She said while running her fingers over the buttons of my silk pajama shirt. "Want mama."

I pouted and nodded. "I do too, baby. But she has to work because it's what she loves to do."

She hummed and looked down at my shirt again. "Love me?" I nodded immediately.

"Of course. Mama loves you sooo much." I brushed my thumb over eyebrow with a wink. "Mama comes back and goes straight to her babygirl. She walks right past me and I'm her wife!" She giggled softly at my voice.

"Mama funny." She mumbled and laid back on stomach.

She sure was. I rubbed her back and looked up at the ceiling, knowing I missed her more than anyone. But it was tour.. and touring the world was something she was extremely passionate about. I could live with that.

But damn did I miss her.

"Hey Nani can you-" I stopped and squinted my eyes when I suddenly felt the saliva in my mouth grow at tenfold, a bitter taste to it. I remember that damn taste. I quickly moved my daughter, my hand pressed to my mouth as I rushed off of the bed and to the bathroom.

I dropped to my knees and hurled into the toilet, my mind immediately going to what I ate last. Taco Bell.. I knew it tasted weird.

I felt a soft hand on my back and looked up to see Mel holding Nani with a concerned look. "Not you ruining my dinner." She mumbled playfully before pushing my hair back. "You okay girl?"

I nodded. "Yeah, that 'dinner' is garbage." I flushed the toilet before going to the sink and brushing my teeth. I hated throwing up more than anything. Dealing with morning sickness a year ago was one of the worst experiences of my life and I was over that shit. At least for a few more years.

"You want some I-c-e c-r-e-a-m?" Mel spelled out, knowing if she said the word Nani would start geeking.

I nodded quickly. "That actually sounds so good. Let's go."

Luckily my mom was here so I left the twins with her as Mel and I went to cold stone. "Can I get the cookies and cream love it with a scoop of cookie dough.. yeah and caramel drizzle." I watched him make it, my mouth damn near drooling when he drizzled the caramel.

I looked at Mel and she grimaced at me as she said her order. "Just strawberry.. thank you." What a boring hoe.

We sat down at the little tables after getting our ice creams and I immediately shoved the spoon into my mouth. "Mm mm mm." I hummed and shook my head. "This some good shit right here, I'm telling you."