C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

I sat on the chair in the middle rows of the arena, watching Robyn talk with the new backup dancer who'd be taking my position for the next few weeks. She was nodding and I could see his body language, he was definitely not being subtle.

But I wasn't even in the mood to care, not with what was heavy on my mind since I flew from Washington to London. Aniya was pregnant, it wasn't mine but she was still pregnant. She also refused to tell me how far along she was.. 'It's not your problem, don't worry about it.. follow your dreams.' Those were her words exactly.

I even offered to help, get her out of that neighborhood, get her back into school. Again, 'It's not your problem, I'll be fine.' She wouldn't let me do a thing, claiming I needed to put my money into my dreams. I managed to slip a few hundreds on her table when she wasn't looking but I knew she would need more. A child was expensive and time consuming as hell which is why I wasn't rushing.

I just hope she had help, I hope Keith wasn't a dick and.. cared for the child he created. If he was a deadbeat, I'd beat him dead myself.

"Yo," I was pulled out of my thoughts as I looked up and saw the new dancer, a light skin with some green eyes. "I'm Jamaal, what's up?" I looked down at his hand as I slowly chewed on my gum before looking back at him silently. "Oh alright." He said with a soft laugh but I wasn't laughing. As if this nigga couldn't catch the hint, he knelt on the chair in front of me. "So you the favored dancer, my bad for taking your spot but I mean.. I heard she like them pretty boys."

I didn't break our eye contact as he rubbed the stubble on his face, licking his lips like he was cute or something. My head tilted when he shrugged and clasped his hands together. "So what I gotta do to get in that? I think I got the dancing down, maybe a lil better than you." I raised my eyebrows and he chuckled. "I'm just joanin' bro. But for real, I'm tryna become the favored dancer too."

I couldn't help but shake my head and blow a bubble with my gum, letting it pop before grabbing my crutches. I purposely pushed the arm part forward, hitting him square in the nuts. He groaned, dropping forward as I stood up. "First you gotta have balls," He glared at me as I looked down at him with a smirk. "I'm just joanin' bro." I said, reiterating his words before walking down the stairs cautiously, my pain pills making me sleepy and in need for a damn nap.

Once I got to the dressing room, I huffed and laid on the couch, not even carrying that my crutches fell and knocked some shit off of the table. I was tired. "You ain't even come say hi to me yet." I heard my girlfriend walk in and I groaned lowly in response, too tired to speak. "How was Aniya?" Welp, there goes the sleep.

I felt her scoot me over slightly before laying on the inner side of the couch and letting me rest my head on her chest. "She's pregnant." I said with no hesitation. Why wait, right? But, I realized I probably should've went more into detail before her breath hitched, her entire body tensing in seconds. "It's not mine, it's Keith's." I quickly clarified and she exhaled heavily.

"You should lead with that babe damn." I smiled softly and closed my eyes as she continued to scratch my scalp. "How's that make you feel?"

I shrugged. "I don't know.. weird. My ex cheated and is having a baby with who she cheated on me with. I mean damn, I ain't get nobody pregnant.. I don't think." She smacked my back and I smirked before huffing lightly. "I just hope she'll be good. She not letting me help with shit but she did say Keith was there so.." I shrugged again.

"She's a strong girl." She aided and I nodded knowingly, letting the feeling of her nails on my head relax me. "So, I was-"

"Hey." I raised my eyes to the door, both of us staring silently at Jamaal as he stood at the door with a frown which quickly turned up to a smile. Did he just... walk into my girlfriends dressing room without knocking? "The crew wants us to head to the stage for one more soundcheck." She nodded and he continued to stand there. "They said it's a time crunch-"