C H A P T E R E L E V E N

(Melissa & Rihanna^^ cute asses)

-

Last night was amazing.

That's it. That's the story.

I never imagined me kissing one girl would make me so damn hyped, let alone sleeping in the same bed with said girl. And with my clothes on. I slept in the same bed with a girl and didn't mind keeping my clothes on! Well, technically pants on since we did change from the wet clothes and I hated wearing a shirt to sleep. But, I think that's the most progress I've made this entire journey.

But with that amazing night came an amazing morning. I opened my eyes when I felt pressure on my waist and squinted them when a flash suddenly blinded me. Her phone was held up, another flash blinding me momentarily. "Imagine paparazzi at all times of the day?" I took notice of her raspy voice, knowing she had woken up not too long before me.

"As long as you're my paparazzi, I'm cool with it." I said and her head tilted from my straddled position as she smiled. "Good morning." I reached over, difficulty, and grabbed a pack of gum off of my nightstand. "Here." I said, handing her the gum while also sticking a piece into my mouth.

"What's this for?" She asked but ate it.

After she chewed it for a few seconds, I flipped us over, brushing a stray hair behind her ear. "Morning breath.. and I want a morning kiss."

Her nose scrunched as she giggled softly. "That was too damn smooth." I hummed down and leaned to give her a kiss but she pulled her head back. "Y/n wait.. we've gotta talk." Oh those words never entailed something good. I rolled off of her and nodded, sitting upright. "I just think- oh goddamn." My eyes raised when she reached her hands out and touched my shoulders, her eyes raised as she ran her hands down my arms.

What was this girl doing?

She then slid her hands from my forearm to my stomach. "I did not notice these last night.." I looked down and saw her fingers dancing over my abs. "You can wash a shirt on these things."

"Rob," I said with a soft laugh, grabbing her hand. "What do you wanna talk about?" Her eyes finally raised and she nodded with a sigh. "Is it about last night?"

"Yeah." She shifted on her weight and tucked her legs under her but never let her hand slip out of mine as she got comfortable. "Listen I don't regret last night.."

I nodded slowly. "But?"

She looked at me again and ran her thumb over my knuckles. "I still don't feel like you're ready to be in a relationship. You're getting there babe but I just.. I don't feel I'm ready to take that next step with you."

I subconsciously had a thought, it was 'after all the shit I did?' And I frowned at my own damn self. With that, I nodded and knew she was right. I could want to change.. I could make steps to change but nine years of repeated behavior wouldn't leave overnight, I said that myself. At this point it was no doubt that she made me feel things I never thought I could. So.. I was willing to wait.

"I understand." I finally said and a smile crossed her lips. "Just know that I want you, like really bad." She chuckled softly as I raised my hand to caress her cheek. "So I guess that means more proving huh? Can I still take you out 'cause I mean.. dates are a good practice for me, you know?"

Her head shook as she raised up and held my hand that held her cheek. "You are one slick ass nigga, what imma do with you?" I raised my eyebrows and gave her a look to which she rolled her eyes at. "Really?"

I playfully tilted my head in feign confusion. "What? I was gonna ask if you wanted if you'd come to a dinner in Atlanta with me.. my moms cooking for me since I'll be back for the day." Her jaw dropped as I rolled off of the bed and grabbed a tshirt.