PT.3 C H A P T E R SIXTEEN

"How do you feel?"

I looked over my shoulder at Dante with raised eyebrows, his eyes on me, a smile on his lips. "About what exactly?"

He smacked his lips and pushed off of the doorframe and grabbing chair to pull up beside me. "How do you feel? Are you happy, settled, horny?"

I chuckled and pushed his shoulder. Always with the dumb shit. "I'm happy man. Look where we at." He nodded slightly and looked forward as we both admired the view of the beach with the bluest water I've ever seen.

"You know.." he said softly and I cocked an eyebrow when he cleared his throat while lightly scratching his beard. "I'm proud of you." His eyes moved back to me again. "I was just thinking about everything, back to when we were eighteen, you know?" I nodded and leaned forward when he sighed heavily. "You came a long way bruh. Even though you fucked up a lil bit at the end there.."

I cracked a smile when he eyed me from his peripherals. "I know I did." I replied, only for him to slide over and drape his arm over my shoulder. "You proud of me for real?"

"Yeah man. You married, got kids, livin' your truth. I'm proud."

Look at my best friend being all soft and shit. And here I thought that was my role. "Thanks.. I'm proud of your wack ass too. Even though you fucked around and messed up your knee again." I said while lightly tapping the knee brace and he huffed. "You might as well retire."

"Never that." He replied just as we heard the sliding door open back up. I looked over my shoulder again and smiled when I saw Melissa this time around. "What's up baby?" Dante said and she walked over before settling onto his lap with a sigh.

"You left me too long, that shit ain't cool." I smirked when Dante rubbed up and down her arms, then replying, "I'm sorry, my love."

I snorted before pushing off of the chair. "I'll give you two some alone time. Maybe.. work on a niece or nephew for me?" Mel instantly scowled at me.

"No babies coming out of this vagina for a long time, Y/n. Go adopt." I left with a soft laugh, following the sound of the voices. Jay and Gabby were in the kitchen, digging through the fridge and cabinets.

"Y'all act like we didn't just come back from dinner." They both looked up, arms piled with snacks. "For real?"

"You took us to some rich people place. You know they serve rabbit portions." I.. yeah, yeah that was true. I snatched a bag of Cheetos puffs and continued to the living room as I opened the bag.

"I had people in my circle but they weren't in my corner..." I raise my eyebrows and watched Sean rap lowly, Jhené beat boxing while sitting on his lap. Then looking past them, Aaliyah and Sharon were all boo'd up watching tv.

Did my whole circle really just become lovesick motherfuckers? Goddamn..

"Aye," I called out, gaining their attention. "Where's Robs?"

"Backyard." Aaliyah answered so I that's where I was headed.

My birthday was tomorrow which is why everyone was being so laid back and chill. There wasn't much we could do anyways. Jamaica wasn't America so they weren't lockdown for as long as we've been, but pretty much everything was closed.

Except for some beaches, some restaurants, and bars, everything was closed. Including clubs. But we did manage to get our own yacht for the day tomorrow to have our own party. Quality over quantity, right?

Anyways, I didn't even care about huge parties like that anymore, with or without this pandemic. I liked my crew.

Plus.. with her, anything would be perfect.