Chapter 17

I waited impatiently outside the room as the doctor was treating her.
Within half an hour the doctor came out of the room and I rushed towards her.

"Hey", I greeted the doctor.
"Mr Aayaan Singhania", she greeted me.
"How's she?", I asked concerned.
"Well she has been beaten badly, the amount of bruises in her body depicts that he mercilessly lashed her with all his anger and frustration. It seemed like the anger wasn't of a single day and If she would have been whipped just a few more, she had to be rushed to the hospital to save her life.", she confessed which shocked me to the core. How can someone be so cruel, so inhuman that he would beat a woman like that?

"Well I hope you have registered an FIR", the doctor asked me bringing me out from all of my thoughts.
"Yeah, he is behind the bars", I reply.
"Good, and I have prescribed her few medicines, make sure she has that on time and she applies ointment on her wounds too. It will be really painful at first but then the pain will soothe and fade away, it's just that the recovery will take time", she smiled to which I nodded.

"So I should take your leave", she chirped.
"I have a question doctor", I was curious right now.
"Yeah??", it felt like she wanted to address my curiosity.
"How can someone be so inhuman to do like this", I asked.
"Well it's not the first time", she smiled mildly which confused me, "The cases of domestic violence are still prevalent today and it's not just a thing of the poor or middle class, even the richest and educated ones are the victims too. The dominant ones tend to beat the other one like that, be it a man it a woman. And I have seen bruises worse than this girl's you have no idea how cruel this world is in terms of inhumanity.", she finished her sentence which startled me.

"Now I should take your leave, I have another patient to attend", she smiled.
" Yeah sure, let me drop you to your car", I decided to come out of my state of shock and follow her.

POV Ends

Rashika was trying to apply an ointment that the doctor had given on her back, but she was unable to reach.

Suddenly the door creaked open, which bewildered Rashika and she tried to hid herself to in the quilt.

"Rashika", it was none other than Aayaan.
"Yeah?", Rashika replied from the quilt.
"Are you okay?", he asked as he saw her frightened.
"I am, I was just changing my clothes", she made a babyface.
"Ohh shit, sorry", Aayaan realised that he entered the room at the wrong time, "I am waiting outside" and he started to walk out of the room.

"Sir", Rashika called from behind which made Aayaan turn towards her.
"Yeah?" Aayaan looked at her.
"Can you please help me apply this ointment on my back?", she asked.

Aayaan was confused, he didn't know how to react to this.

"Me?", he questioned, addressing his confusion to which Rashika nodded in yes.

He took a deep breath and walked towards her, while Rashika covered her front with the quilt, exposing her bare, bruised back to Aayaan.
Aayaan saw the bruises, they were deep, there were mild cuts which depicted that she must have bled, her back was red due to all the injuries from the whip and it appalled him.

He touched one of her wounds and she hissed in pain. He could feel the pain and it moved him, it pained him and he didn't know why her pain was affecting him so much, Why her wellbeing seemed important to him, why she seemed important to him when they just met a couple of weeks ago.

He took out the ointment and started applying it in all her bruises, she hissed in pain and then started swallowing all the pain she felt. Aayaan could sense her pain and he could feel what must be going through in her head. He wanted to take all her pain and he started to admire her.

"She is a really strong woman, she tolerated all this pain just because she wanted to work, just because she wanted to stand on her feet independently, but she didn't deserve this pain just because she wanted to work", He thought it within himself.

He could sense the intimacy and closeness while he was applying the ointment.
He wanted to be more close to her.
As he was applying the ointment just below her waist, Rashika turned towards him and their eyes met.

They could sense the heat rising due to their close proximity. They just couldn't control themselves from getting closer to each other.

And soon their breaths collided which each other leading to their heavy breathing. They could sense the spark and the desire due to which they decided to let go of their control and their lips met.

They started to kiss each other and soon it turned out to be a passionate one. He held her bare waist tightly while she clutched his hairs while pushing herself closer to him. Their lips fought for dominance over each other and the kiss was turning out to be a rough one.

So is this the actual spark of romance between Rashika and Aayaan or it's just sexual tension? ;)

And thank you for the votes and comments on previous chapter <3

Do vote and comment if you like this chapter ;)
And don't mind to share it with your friends too :D