Chapter 44

Rashika somehow calmed herself down and then focused on her work. She and Aayaan just prepared for the shots and gave their best shots for the scenes.

As the days passed by, Aayaan got more comfortable working with Rashika. Her presence didn't matter to him more as he focused on being professional. He gave his best shots and Rashika tried her best as well. Although Rashika wanted to do a movie to take revenge on Aayaan, the work she has done on herself was commendable. She has polished her acting skills in these two years crafted herself as a good actor. Although she always knew how to pretend and manipulate people, but doing something off and on camera has a huge difference. Whatever she did off-camera, she was able to pull it out on camera as well.

On the other hand, Aayaan was completely surprised by her skills. The way she acted when the camera rolled, the way she portrayed her emotions, played her part, it was commendable. At first, Aayaan thought that Rashika was here just to bother him, but now he realized that she is made for acting. She knows her craft so well and so she was meant to be successful and Aayaan did pray for her that she gets all the success she wishes for.

Although both shared a great chemistry on-screen but whenever they were off the camera, they didn't even look at each other. Aayaan avoided Rashika completely. He never even thought of talking about her. He just gave his shot and walked back to his vanity. This somehow pinched the people on the sets. They began to suspect that something was off.

Four months passed by, the shoot for the movie was over and now it was time for its release. Nikhil didn't even release the name for the movie. Everyone were speculating for the name, poster and trailer of the movie but not even a piece of single information was leaked to the media in these four months and now, finally, it was the time for the big revelation. The poster, cast of the movie was about to be revealed on all the social media handles of all the cast members.

As soon as the poster of the movie titled, 'Qatal-e-Ishq' released, it took the social media to a storm. Everyone gossiped about the movie and were excited to see a new face against Aayaan. Fans waited for the trailer launch event and the hype for the new movie was now up.

Rashika quietly sat in her room and saw the social media posts. It has been just five minutes and the poster has created quite a buzz. She evilly smiled as she saw the hype getting real.

"And now, it's time for my second move," she told herself. She logged in to social media platforms with a fake id, uploaded the movie poster with a controversial caption. The caption read as, "Hey guys, how couldn't we notice? The lead of the movie, the girl opposite of Aayaan is the same girl Aayaan was rumoured to have an affair almost two years ago."

She posted the image, logged out of the fake id and then calmly lied down on her bed. "And now, the game begins," she smirked as she put her phone aside.

Rashika's caption went viral within minutes and the old controversy resurfaced. Everyone noticed the image as they noticed Rashika. They accepted that she was the same girl. The image with the caption was shared multiple times and the post had thousands of comments. The old photos of Rashika and Aayaan together, which they considered to be morphed as per Aayaan's statements resurfaced again and everyone this time claimed Aayaan's statements as a lie.

"Oh my God! This is the same girl who was rumoured to be dating Aayaan two years ago."

"Definitely she is the one."

"Omg!! I can't believe it. Does this mean that those dating rumours were true? Aayaan was actually dating his PA?"

"But why would Aayaan do a movie with her?"

"What kind of sorcery is this man? Are they making a fool of us?"

"Man! What's going on? What kind of a girl is she? We were told that out of humiliation that she felt from the morphed photo, she left her job and walked away and now two years later she is debuting against Aayaan Singhania?"

"Both of them were lying in the past."

"She is a bitch and Aayaan is a jerk."

"Dude!! This news seems more interesting than the movie itself."

"Are these celebrities making a fool of ourselves?"

"I didn't like these cheap tactics!"

"True that, all of this more money and hype. They can go to any level for it,"

Comments like these flooded the entire social media. Many were unable to understand what was going on, some abused and cursed Aayaan while some abused and cursed Rashika. But this time, something changed as well. On the previous controversy, ninety per cent of the negative comments were about Rashika while this time, both had an equal share of negative comments. Aayaan was getting more hate than earlier, while Rashika got less hate this time.

On the other hand, Aayaan was chilling with Chirag after a long tiring busy schedule when he took a look at his social media accounts. He immediately understood what happened as soon as he saw the post. He rubbed his forehead while reading the comments and gave a ridiculed expression.

Chirag noticed this. "What happened?" He asked Aayaan. "Something that I did expect and was prepared of," Aayaan rolled his eyes. "What?" Chirag asked. Aayaan handed his phone over to Chirag and as soon as Chirag saw the posts, he was shocked.

"What the fuck," he immediately snapped.

I need atleast 6 comments in this chapter, only then I will post the next one :)