Chapter 34

"Haahhh! It was a long tiring day", Aayaan sighed as he settled down on the couch. He took out his phone and started scrolling social media.

"No news in the media nowadays ", he scoffed as all the fan pages posted about their favourite celebrities and stuff like those. That's when someone knocked on the door of his room.

"Come in ", he shouted and the door creaked open. "Aayaan", a familiar voice hit Aayaan's ears and he looked in the direction of the voice. "Chirag, my brother ", he exclaimed as he saw Chirag. "Come in, have a sear", he told and Chirag quietly obeyed him. "How are you?", Chirag asked. "I am great, but right now I am completely exhausted ", Aayaan replied. "Workload", Chirag replied and smiled.

"So tell me? How are you doing? We are seeing each other after good fifteen days. How is your startup going on?", Aayaan asked? "The startup actually took off and everything is going great ", Chirag chirped. "That's great", Aayaan replied. "So wanna have some hash?", Aayaan again spoke after a pause. "Sure", Chirag replied.

Aayaan took out some cocaine and started preparing it for consumption. While on the other hand, Chirag looked a bit nervous. "Aayaan", Chirag spoke after taking a long breath. "Yeah?", Aayaan replied while preparing the drug.

"Diksha texted me yesterday evening", Chirag spoke. As soon as Chirag spoke that, Aayaan stopped whatever he was doing and looked at Chirag. "What did she say?", he curiously asked. "That she is sorry and all she wants is our forgiveness and nothing else", Chirag replied. "And what did you say?", Aayaan asked. "I left her on seen", Chirag looked away as he told that. "Good", Aayaan replied.

"Why man? Why does she have to do all this? Why did she mess up? She messed up with your image that could have cost your career. She messed up with my feelings, made our relationship a joke. Just because she was jealous of a common girl?", Chirag's voice cracked as he spoke. His tone was heavy which depicted the pain he was going through.

"She destroyed everything. Her jealousy, her vengefulness, it destroyed us, it destroyed the perfect friendship we three had. It created a rift between us both, it changed our personal lives", Aayaan sounded equally low.

"Honestly, I do feel bad about Rashika. That poor girl had to go through a lot just because of Diksha's evil motives", Chirag spoke. "Hmm", Aayaan replied.

"But there is one thing I am happy about", Aayaan spoke, after a pause. "What?", Chirag asked. "That we were successful in clearing her image", he sighed, "the very next interview we had, we made sure to prove her innocent and somehow proved that those images were morphed just to create a controversy ", he concluded. "Yup, but...", Chirag replied.

"But?", Aayaan asked. "You shouldn't have left Rashika. That felt kind of wrong", Chirag confessed. Aayaan was surprised at Chirag's confession. He looked at him in disbelief. "What are you saying, dude? That too after two good years?", Aayaan snapped. "Something I wanted to say to you for a long time", Chirag spoke, "I mean think about it. Didn't we do injustice to her?", he continued.

"Man, tell me, what else would have I done? Think about it by keeping yourself in my place", Aayaan replied. "I was just a movie old in this industry who was shooting for his second movie, at that stage, any kind of controversy, any kind of negative publicity would have costed my entire career. How could I shove down my dream my entire career just for a girl? You know me, how keen was I to be an actor, to make it big, and that controversy... That controversy could have destroyed my entire career, my career I have worked so hard for. How could I flush that fit a mere girl?", his voice sounded completely frustrated.

"But yaar, she loved you", Chirag replied. "I didn't Chirag. I didn't love Rashika", Aayaan replied. "Though I liked her, I was attracted to her but love is a way too much deep feeling and I didn't felt so deeply for her, even she knew that. So how could I claim that I loved her?", he continued. "Man, I didn't even cheat on her. The relationship we had, it was real and we were happy, but one thing I was clear to her that I didn't love her and even she knew that. Yaar, she fell in love with me, but I didn't, was that my fault? Was that my fault that I couldn't love the girl who loved me? Tell me, man", Aayaan shouted.

Chirag quietly nodded in no. "I promised to arrange her a job, and even after all that, I made sure that there were no stains on her character and I did everything that was under my jurisdiction. But I couldn't continue a relationship with her because it sparked controversy, was that my fault? What else could I have done?", Aayaan asked Chirag.

Chirag lowered his head as he had no answers. Aayaan rolled his eyes and sighed. "Tell me one thing Chirag, and that too a practical answer. Is love such an emotion that one should compromise his career, his dreams, his ambitions for it? Is this so much important in one's life?", Aayaan asked, looking at Chirag.

So now guys, tell me in comments that whom do you think is wrong? Aayaan or Rashika?

And please follow me if you haven't and do vote and share your comments how do you like this part :)