Chapter 59

Rashika was surprised as she saw everything he did to propose to her. A wide smile appeared on her face, but then the next moment, her smile turned into a frown and then she turned to the other side, avoiding looking at him.

He noticed that, and the next moment he rushed inside the resort to be near her. He entered the room and went near her and cupped her face.
"Hey, what happened?" He softly asked. "Wedding, you and me, it's not a good idea," she frowned.

He was surprised at her sudden reaction, he expected this moment to be happy and perfect, but never did he expected a rejection.
"Rashika? What happened baby? Why are you saying like that? We love each other so what's wrong in marrying each other babe?" He asked in a low tone.

"I have a past, man. And my past isn't a good one, which you can ignore and have a happily ever after, I have had multiple flings, breakups and what not? In fact, my name was spoiled in controversy, I don't want another one," She scoffed.

"What are you saying?" He was getting frustrated now.
"Rohan, there is a truth, which is only known by 4-5 people in this industry," Rashika looked at Rohan with tears in her eyes.
"What truth?" Rohan asked.

"The rumours of me dating Aayaan Singhania five years ago wasn't a lie," she confessed. "What?" Rohan was shocked as he heard that. "Yes," she nodded.
"We dated each other for few months, I loved him truly, the love I felt for him wasn't something I ever felt in my previous relationship, but then, somehow those pictures leaked," she sighed.

"And whatever followed after that, was really horrible. You know, the moment he got to know that we have sparked controversy, I was jobless and thrown out of his life like a piece of trash. People questioned my character, my honesty and what not? Just because I was his PA, was I not allowed to fall in love with him? Because if I fell in love, I would have been called a slut, gold digger and what not?" She spoke as she looked at Rohan with helpless eyes.

"And to be honest, it wasn't the comments from the unknown that pinched me or broke me, it was the cowardice of Aayaan. He was so coward that he couldn't take a stand for me? Couldn't he announce to the world that yes, I do love this girl, so what can you do? Am I not allowed to love? If he would have accepted the truth, how much controversy would have it created? Weren't there celebs in this industry who have non-celebrity partners?" She spoke in a frustrated tone.

Rohan cupped Rashika's face and made her look at him. "Rashika, look at me," he sighed. "I am not Aayaan Singhania. I am Rohan Singhal, one of the biggest producer in this industry. I love you, girl, and when I say I love you, I mean it, trust me. I am not a coward who will walk away when someone dares to abuse his girl, I will stand with her and protect her. I will shut every person's mouth who will speak ill against you and I mean it. The moment I asked you to marry me, I wanted us to tell the world that we love each other. I am not here to back out," Rohan's words were heartfelt as he was honestly saying that. In these two years, he fell in love with her madly.

Rashika sobbed as she hugged Rohan tightly. "Yes, I will marry you," she accepted the proposal while she kept on hugging him. Rohan felt extremely happy because of her acceptance, but this wasn't the time he was going to celebrate. He thought about something. Something which would be disastrous to Aayaan.

"And now you strong lady, you will get justice for yourself. You will fight against him and make sure that he receives what he deserves," he told her as he broke the hug.
She nodded and then their lips met.

On the other hand,

Loneliness had taken a great toll on Aayaan's mental health. He had to rely on antidepressants to stay sane. His family and doctor asked him multiple times to make friends or find someone in life, but he was so scared of betrayal, he wasn't able to find friends on the other hands, his feelings for Rashika grew so deep that he understood that he won't be able to love someone else and all of this, it messed up with his sanity a big time.

But, with all the turmoil he had in his head, he was focused on one thing, his career and acting. He didn't let his mental issues hamper his acting and movies, something which he worked so hard for. He hid his issues and complications and didn't let anyone know what he was suffering for.

He sacrificed everything to keep his career intact and that's why he chose to suffer in silence but behave normally when people are around. He didn't know what he was doing, but he knew one thing, he had fallen in love with Rashika madly, but he had to sacrifice her to keep his career intact.
But little did he know, the preparations of snatching his career away from him had started.

The next week,

Aayaan had just finished his workout session when a maid brought a Courier for him.

"Sir," she addressed Aayaan. Aayaan walked towards her, "yes?"
"There is a courier for you," she handed over the packet to Aayaan and walked away from there.

Aayaan was confused when he looked at the packet, but the next moment he ripped apart the packet to see what's inside.

The moment he looked at the content of the courier, it seemed like his world fell apart. He went completely numb as he read the wedding invitation.

"YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO THE WEDDING OF ROHAN SINGHAL AND RASHIKA SINGH."

Author's Note-
So I have finished writing the entire book, and I am eager to update it now :) I can update a chapter daily, but all you guys will have to do is comment :) if I receive 5 comments every day, I will keep on updating the book daily :)
So comment guys.. Your comments will decide the frequency of updates now ;)