Chapter 49

"What?" Nimrit was shocked as she heard Chirag's words. "You are asking me to re-enter Aayaan's life?" She questioned him.

"Yes," Chirag replied calmly. "Dude, no. I don't wanna be called the clingy ex who finds a way back to her ex after six years of breakup. Man, it's been six good years, we have grown apart from the relationship, we have moved on. We just respect each other, we don't love each other anymore, man. In fact, I haven't talked to him in these years," Nimrit burst out.

"But you guys didn't break up due to an ugly fight or you were out of love. It was a mutual breakup and in breakups like this you can always find a way back to each other," Chirag tried to reason it out.
"Not after six years, Chirag. And yes, we didn't break up because of an ugly fight or we were out of love and yes, it was a mutual breakup and that's what makes this me going back to him actually senseless," Nimrit responded.

"How?" Chirag frustratingly asked. "Because at the time of our breakup, we understood that we can't grow as individuals while being together. He wanted to be here and focus on his acting career and I wanted to go to the US to complete my MBA. He wanted different things from life and I wanted different things from my life and that's why we decided to split because the situation was either our ambitions or being with each other. So now, when we are living our lives, achieving whatever we want, how can we be together? This will make no sense," she explained.

"But Nimrit," Chirag tried to reason it out but couldn't find any facts to encounter her. "Chirag, this wasn't the reason why I left Aayaan at your and Diksha's care so that I can come back in future. Understand that," she spoke.

"Well about Diksha, she is no more with us," Chirag sighed. "What? Why?" Nimrit was shocked. "Well, a lot of things happened in the past three years," Chirag rolled his eyes. "What? Tell me everything," Nimrit demanded to which Chirag agreed and he told Nimrit everything from the beginning.

"And that's why I am asking you to re-enter his life, Nimrit. You know my gut feeling never goes wrong and I have a strong gut feeling that Rashika will destroy Aayaan's life at any cost and I just don't want that. I can see my best friend, my brother slowly falling in love with her and this is a wicked love man. It will end up destroying him completely," he spoke in a broken voice after he told everything to Nimrit.

Nimrit went completely quiet after she heard everything. She had no idea how to react or what to say to Chirag. She knew Chirag for a long time and she knew that he is always concerned for his friends and when it comes to Aayaan, his concern is at its peak. She knew that Chirag was not just Aayaan's best friend, he was like his brother, bodyguard and his protector. The way Chirag cared for Aayaan is something really rare in friendships today. And so, him demanding such a big thing from her made sense at this moment because she knew if he was able to deal with it alone, he would never come and ask such a thing from her.

"Okay, I will re-enter Aayaan's life. I will try my best to make things similar to the past. But I can't guarantee you our future together. Is that okay?" Nimrit asked.
Chirag carefully thought about Nimrit's condition and then nodded. "Okay, I agree to this," he replied.
"Fine then, Deal," Nimrit concluded with a smile.

Flashback Ends

The party went on like crazy. Everyone enjoyed it and the cast and crew of the film were hoping for the best as the film was all set to release tomorrow.

Aayaan was somewhat scared of how the public will react to the movie this time. He didn't have any flop movie in his bag, but this time, due to the controversy he had with Rashika, he was scared that what if it affects the income of this film negatively.

But among all this, he wasn't scared for himself.

Aayaan's POV

I hope this movie performs well. Rashika needs some ambition, some motivation in her life and if this film becomes a hit, she will have that and I want her to have that.

She has suffered a lot, rough childhood and some family issues, abusive ex and then whatever I did to her. So right now, she deserves nothing else, but happiness and I will make sure that she gets that.

I will have to fix all the mess that I have created in her life.

POV Ends

As Aayaan was thinking all this, his eyes were fixed on Rashika who was having a really good time talking with Rohan. He couldn't keep his eyes away from both of them and them together, it made him really uncomfortable. The feeling was growing so much, that at last, he couldn't resist it anymore, he had to finally admit that, yes, he was jealous. He was jealous when he saw Rashika with Rohan.
And like this, the party came to an end and everyone was leaving for their respective homes.

Aayaan walked towards his car keeping his gaze fixed on Rashika till time Nimrit interrupted. "Okay, I am seeing you staring at her since the start of the event. Tell me, what's this? Are you in love with her?" She bluntly asked.

Aayaan looked at Nimrit in surprise at first, but then, he chuckled.
"Tell me, Nimrit, why are you here?" He asked.
"What? I already told you," Nimrit replied avoiding his gaze.

"No, I mean in my life, again, after six damn years, all of a sudden. What motive do you have?" He bluntly asked.

I will be waiting for your comments :) I have written till chapter 53... So as soon as I will receive 5 comments on each part, I will post the next chapter that fast !)