Chapter 67

"What? You dated Aayaan?" The interviewer was surprised. "Yes, I did, and for a few months, we were happy together till that controversy raised," Rashika confessed.

"Well, can you say more about it?" The interviewer asked. "Yeah, I think I can. It's been five years, so yeah, I am now prepared to come out about my past in front of the whole world," she sighed.

"We would love to hear if you are okay with it," the interviewer replied with a smile.
"Okay, so I had a rough childhood. I mean my brother dies in a terror attack when I was young and then my parents were abusive in nature. They wanted to keep me caged. So after running away from them, I landed up here in Mumbai when I met a guy. He was sweet and nice so I fell in love with him. But then, just because I wanted to focus on my career and be a successful woman, he tried to dominate me and put me down. At last, when he saw that I wasn't the one to be dominated by mere words, he raised his hands on me, beating me blue. I have a clear picture of that incident to date. If it hadn't been my saviour, I wouldn't be able to escape from that man," she confessed while the interviewer looked at her with sympathetic eyes.

"But then, when you suffer from so much in your life and then someone enters in your life, cares for you, gives you hope and happiness, respects you, you are bound to fall in love with that person. It happened the same with me, I fell for Aayaan and I fell so hard for him that it blinded me. He was a celebrity I was a commoner that time and trust me, it didn't bother me then. I was just happy to be with him and I think he was happy too. But then, I came searching for true love and he was there for a fling. I wouldn't say it was his fault or mine, but whatever happened, it broke me from within," her voice broke.

"Everything was going perfect and then all of a sudden, he asked me to leave and get the furthest away from his life, just because someone had leaked a picture of us making out. I loved him and I expected him to love me as well, but what I did forget, was he loved his career much more than me," she sighed as tears rolled down from her eyes. She wiped her tears with a napkin.

"Ahh, sorry, it's still hard for me," she chuckled between her tears. "He kicked me out of my job, left me nowhere to go and in short turned my entire life upside down, just for a photograph. That image created so much controversy, and the hate I was getting, it was getting on my nerves and I had to deal with it, all alone. People were calling me a gold digger, selfish woman, slut and whatnot. They were questioning me and my character without even knowing me just by looking at a mere photograph. Nothing could be more devastating than that," she sobbed.

The interviewer got from her seat and then sat beside her. She consoled her and soothed her so that she could feel better.

After a cut, when Rashika was ready for the interview after she felt better, the interviewer questioned her again. This time about her career and other things, because as they said, the show must go on.

After a month, the interview aired on national television and then the drama it created. That interview received the highest trp and the confession scene become the most-watched scene.

People started pouring hate on Aayaan, abusing him, badmouthing him and so many things. He was called a male chauvinistic bastard. They hated him for what he did to Rashika and kept on abusing him. He lost millions of followers in a day while Rashika gained double the amount of followers within a short period.

It was difficult for him to even get out of his house as the media stood in front of his house 24/7 to interview him about Rashika's condition. Many actors, actresses, feminists pages, celebrities and all called out on him and said whatnot about him. He was tagged as a female hunter, who just wants flings and does not knows to respect women. And there was no one to take his side.

And the next thing Aayaan knew, he was getting calls from different production houses that he was getting banned by them. No one wanted to work with him, not even the low budget media houses. He lost his entire career, years of hard work just within a day. And he couldn't figure out how to deal with it.

Rashika witnessed it all with an evil grin on her face. "Do you see Aayaan? Whatever you're feeling. Your entire world is shattering within a day, and there is nothing you can do about it other than feeling helpless. This is how I felt five years ago. And this is the punishment you get for betraying me. You chose your career over me na? So now, I took your career away from you. Your graph has gone so low, that you wouldn't even think of doing the thing you love the most, acting. You will never rise in your career anymore, I have finished it for forever," she smiled.

While on the other hand, Aayaan was quietly sitting in his room, unable to cope up with whatever happening to him, that's when he was about to get another shock. Something, he would never have thought about.

His phone rang. It was his mother, he picked up the phone, "yes, mom."
"Aayaan," her mother was crying.
"Maa, what happened?" He panicked.
"Son, your dad... He got a heart attack and has been rushed to the hospital. His condition us very serious," she cried.

"What?"

Just 3 more parts remaining ;)