Chapter 55

As Aayaan heard Rashika's words, his footsteps halted. He turned towards her and looked at her deep in her eyes. Her eyes had a weird hope in them, which confused him.

"Do you trust me?" She asked as she walked towards her.
Aayaan was startled as he heard her question. He didn't know what to answer. Deep down, he wanted to trust her badly, but something stopped him. Yes, they had a tainted past, and that tainted past, can't hinder the way of love, but it can always hinder the path of trust because trust isn't something as simple as love.

He didn't have an answer, and he just looked at Rashika hopelessly. "I know, our equation and whatever we have, that doesn't put us in a position where we can trust each other, but I do want to know, Aayaan, do you trust me?" She asked again.

Aayaan looked at the ground and sighed. "Honestly, I don't know, I don't know whether I trust you or not, I seriously don't," he mumbled. Rashika smiled, "it's okay," she replied.

Aayaan nodded. "But I have to tell you something important. I know you won't trust me, but it's important," she spoke. "What?" He curiously asked.
"Nimrit has arrived in your life just like this, she is back with a motive," Rashika bluntly said.

Aayaan was shocked as he heard that. "How do you know her?" He immediately questioned. "I do not know her, I just saw her that day on the premiere and today as your date. I haven't even talked to her, but a few minutes ago, when I was walking towards the washroom, I heard her talking to someone about something," she explained.

"What?" He asked although he didn't want to believe her, but there was no way she was telling a lie. "She is here due to Chirag, he has asked her to re-enter your life and make you fall in love with her again," she confessed.

Aayaan immediately got angry at Rashika's words. "Be careful about whom you are speaking," he grinned in anger as he clenched his fists to somehow prevent himself from doing any kind of harm to her. "I am not lying, Aayaan," she bluntly spoke.

"Chirag is my best friend, Rashika. He is with me since I was a kid, and why would I trust you over him? Answer me," he yelled.
"Because I have proof, I am not blaming him for something he hasn't done," she spoke in a loud voice.
"What proof?" He shouted.

Rashika took out her phone and played the video she recorded earlier. "See this," she handed over the phone to him. Aayaan saw the video, he heard every word that Nimrit and Chirag exchanged and his blood boiled in anger.

But as he saw the entire video, he felt cold and numb. His emotions flattened, it felt like he had nothing to react to anymore. He felt deceived and a scorching pain in his heart. He handed over the phone to Rashika and walked out from there.

Rashika walked after Aayaan, she noticed him numb and cold and she didn't saw him ever like that, and it kinda scared her as well.

On the other hand, Aayaan went straight to Chirag. "After the party, you are coming to my home," he told him in a cold voice. "Bro! Is everything alright?" Chirag asked. "Just do what I say," Aayaan told and walked out from there.

Chirag was shocked at Aayaan's behaviour. But he couldn't understand the reason behind it, and it somehow scared him. He looked at Amruta who was unable to understand a single thing.

As the party ended, Aayaan walked out with Nimrit, made her sit in his car and drove. Nimrit was shocked and scared because Aayaan has been behaving very cold with him. Chirag on the other hand dropped Amruta home and then drove towards Aayaan's home.

As he reached Aayaan's house, he was surprised. Aayaan had prepared some booze and snacks while Nimrit was sitting on the couch with a glass of beer in her hand. "Aayaan?" Chirag called his name. At that moment, Aayaan arrived at the room with a couple of beer bottles in his hands with a warm smile on his face.

"Yo bro!" He cheerfully greeted Chirag. "Aayaan, what's this?" Chirag was confused. "Bro, Nimrit is here with us after ages, and yeah I know we can't bring Diksha here, but three of us are here, so why not play truth and dare like the old times," Aayaan cheerfully spoke.

Chirag was at first confused but then he looked at Nimrit who nodded that everything is fine. "Okay," he replied and then took a beer bottle and walked towards the couch.

"So, if we are unable to tell truth or complete a dare, there will be punishment?" Nimrit asked. "Yes, baby, like old times," Aayaan winked.
That was the moment when Nimrit felt something is wrong, because he never called her baby, and now she was scared.

"So now, let's roll the bottle," Chirag sighed and then rotated the bottle on the table. And after a few rotations, the bottle pointed towards Chirag.

"Woahhh, it's you Chirag, truth or dare?" Aayaan asked him. "Well, I am always the daring one, so dare," Chirag winked. "Fine, kiss Nimrit," Aayaan taunted.

"What?" Both Nimrit and Chirag snapped in unison. They were shocked by his behaviour. "Well, I have a truth question as well, if you don't want to fulfil the dare," Aayaan taunted.

"Chirag, the question is, why did you bring Nimrit back in my life?" Aayaan asked in a cold tone as he glared at Chirag.
As soon as Chirag and Nimrit heard the question, they went numb. They looked at each other and they were trembling a bit. They were scared and they didn't know what to say.

"Answer Chriag, and yeah, don't tell a lie, because I know the truth," Aayaan mocked while taking a sip of the beer.
"Aayaan, listen to me, I can explain," Chirag spoke in a trembling voice.

"Oh Chirag, I don't want explanations. I want answers," Aayaan scoffed as he looked at me.
"Aayaan, listen to me," Chirag spoke in a scared and trembling voice hoping that Aayaan would listen to him.

"Get out of my house," Aayaan immediately snapped.

More drama incoming...
I will post the next chapter as soon as I get 5 comments😉  Doesn't matters if I get 5 comments within a couple of hours😉😉
Bdw keep commenting and I will be regular♥️