Chapter 46

Aayaan went baffled for a second when he heard that question, he was about to lose it that's when he noticed Rashika.
She felt a bit uncomfortable with that question as well.

Aayaan's POV

I don't know Rashika, why are you doing this. In a try to destroy my sanity, my peace of mind, you are destroying yours. I have noticed you very closely in these months and to be honest, I am not liking this.

You have suffered through a lot girl, an abusive ex-boyfriend, me ghosting you and many things else. And now the last thing I want you to have is grilled by these media personnel who behave like they don't even have emotions.

We all get a little selfish sometimes, or maybe every time, I don't know. We are so much consumed in ourselves that we tend not to care about the emotions of others, to satisfy whatever we want, we do tend to hurt a lot of people. I have done that, I have done that two years ago. I chose my career over you and to be honest I don't regret that. I don't regret my choice.

But yeah, I felt like the aftermath of the efforts I have put after my decision, could have been better. I can not blame you for falling in love with me, I can't and I understand that now.
So yeah, I won't be letting you destroy your sanity, character and life just because I couldn't love you the way you loved me.

You are now in this industry and I can't reverse that, but you can always be successful here and I will make that happen for you. I want you to be successful in this field and I will do anything in my reach to have you that success.

POV Ends

Aayaan looked at the reporter and then chuckled.
"Well, this is a media interview for the promotions and stuff of the film, so we wouldn't want anybody's personal life discussion. Maybe we can have a personal life discussion session later someday, where you guys can feed all your hunger for knowledge, like how do we take a dump or do we eat with a fork and hands or spoon, or in which position do we sleep, blah blah!" Aayaan taunted and the entire crowd cracked up in giggles. The reporter felt humiliated by Aayaan's response and quietly took his seat.

Rashika looked at Aayaan and gave an expression like she was impressed. Aayaan took a deep breath and then began to speak, "I know, all of you guys have the same question in mind. So let me feed your demons by answering you. Why would we possible malign our image by ourselves? I mean you guys know me, I haven't even shown the least bit of interest in negative publicity and why would I do that now? Especially when that publicity binds with my character and the character of a lady. Yes, she was my PA, but then she wanted to become an actress and that's her life and her choice, who am I to say for it? She auditioned for the role and she got it. Even I didn't even know who my co-star was until the first day of the shoot. Why would we all think that people do horrible things to get ahead in life? I mean unless if you have done it, there is no way to think others could have surely done it. The controversy we had was almost two and a half years ago, if I was about to provide her with a movie role, wouldn't I have done it in the next month itself? Because I knew, even if she entered the industry ten years later, the question would have been the same. So why wait for it?"

The entire crowd was numbed and then bent their heads as they felt guilty. They understood whatever Aayaan had to say and they couldn't say anything more. While Rashika just looked at Aayaan with a smirk on her face.

Rashika's POV

I must say Aayaan, you have impressed me. You are doing the exact same I thought you would do. You are taking my side, fighting for me, being the good guy and protecting me and all.

Well, yeah, you know what? I am winning. Because no one can destroy you as much as love and feelings which aren't reciprocated. And I can clearly see that your feelings have started to overpower you.
It will be fun Aayaan, making you fall in love with me and then destroying you bit by bit. After all, it's all Wicked Love baby.

POV Ends

After which the media started asking questions related to the film and the cast happily answered those questions. The interview went great and then time flowed.
Aayaan and Rashika toured for promotions, giving interviews until the date of the release arrived. They went all-in to promote the movie they worked hard for.

And then the day for the premiere of the movie arrived. Many celebs and other influential people in the industry attended the premiere of the film. The film was great, everybody enjoyed it and gave it good reviews and now it waited that how the public would react to it.

After the premiere of the film, Aayaan went to Rashika.

"Rashika," he called her. "Yes?" She replied. "I want you to say something," he spoke. "What?" She asked.
"I wish you all the best for your future in this industry. You deserve all the success you want and I want you to see on the top. So best of luck for your future," he spoke.

Rashika was surprised for a second as she didn't think that Aayaan would come to her to wish her. A genuine smile appeared on her face. "Thank you," she replied.

"Umm, excuse me hello," a voice echoed which made Aayaan and Rashika turn towards the voice. "Yes?" Rashika looked at the unfamiliar man standing there.

"Hey, I am Rohan Singhal," the man raised his hand for a handshake to Rashika.

Do vote and comment ;) I want atleast 5 comments before I post the next chapter ;)

Also.. check out my new story RUKHSAR :) It's something different ;)

Anddd do follow me on instagram, my insta handles are @sleepy_insaan and @tales_by_payal :)