Chapter 15

Next Morning...

Rashika's POV

I slowly opened my eyes as the sun beamed through the window right in my face.
I rubbed my eyes and looked at the direction of the sun, a clear sky was waiting for me.
I looked at the clear sky and it seemed like it wanted me to say that it's time for a new beginning.
I smiled mildly and got up from the bed.

I went to the washroom, undressed myself and looked at the mirror. It felt like the bruises, the belt marks in my skin were piercing through my heart and mind at that time. A drop of tear fell from my eyes, but I smirked and turned on the shower.

The cold water when fell on my body, my bruises burned when the water splashed on it. It burned like hell, and I wanted to scream out all the pain. But I decided to keep calm, I decided to sallow all the pain I felt.

After taking a shower, I came out of the bathroom and wore formals. I wore a sleeveless top and a mid-length skirt, put on light makeup and tied up my hairs in a ponytail. After that, I looked myself in the mirror. My cheeks were redder than usual, the bruises on my neck, hands and below my knees were visible. I grinned and then put on my coat and walked out of my apartment.

As I got down, Aayaan's car was waiting for me, I silently get inside the car.

POV Ends

Last Night, Aneek has beaten Rashika like an animal, he was merciless and gruesome. He didn't care about all the pain she was going through, all the screams she let out. He just vented out all his frustration of disobeying him on her.

Ge then ordered her not to step out of the house and he will be marrying her within 3 days whether she likes it or not.

But this morning Rashika had something big in her mind, she was calm and composed but it was certainly evident that there was a storm going inside her mind and she won't sit quietly and obey him.

Throughout the ride, she just thought about last night, Aneek's reaction and his inhuman act. She wanted to kill him but she decided not to.

Soon she reached Aayaan's House.
She got down from the car and walked straight away to Aayaan's office.
She knocked on the door.

"Come in", A voice echoed from inside.

Rashika entered the office.

"Good morning sir", She spoke in a low and calm tone
"Good morning Miss Singh", Aayaan spoke while looking at his phone, "by the way it's your first day at work and you are sounding low?"
"No. Nothing", Rashika tried to shrug it off.
"Okay", Aayaan looked at her and his eyes directly fell on the bruise on her neck.

"Wait a moment", Aayaan stood up from his chair and walked towards Rashika.
Rashika looked here and there and tried to hide the scar on her neck.

"What's that on your neck?", Aayaan spoke while coming towards Rashika.
"It's nothing", She tried to shrug it off.
"Tell me Rashika", Aayaan came closer to Rashika while Rashika stepped behind.

"Don't run away", He growled and he held her hand.
"Ouch", she twitched in pain which made Aayaan confused and nervous.

"Rashika?", he looked at her.
"Sir, we should focus on work right now, it's all my personal matter. Please tell me what to do", She replied calmly.
" Okay, I am ordering you to remove your coat", He was amandant at knowing what happened to her.
"Sir please", She looked at him, her eyes were teary and it was asking for mercy.

Aayaan took a deep breath and held her shoulders.
"Rashika, you are my employee and your safety is my priority. So please, let me know", he spoke softly.
She lowered her eyes and he slowly removed her coat exposing all the bruises prevalent on her hands which stunned Aayaan.

"Hey, what's all this?", he softly asked to which Rashika hugged him and started to cry bitterly.
Aayaan caressed her hairs and let her cry.

After a few minutes, he made her sit on the chair and offered her water.
She took the glass and slowly drank all the water while sobbing.

"Tell me please", He looked deep in her eyes.
She looked at him with the same depth.

"My boyfriend Aneek", She sobbed, " He whipped me because I got a job and wanted to work", she started crying as soon as she finished the sentence.
The thought of a man smacking a woman made Aayaan's blood boil in anger. He stood up from his chair and took out his phone and went a bit far from Rashika.

"Hello, Police Commissioner", He made a call.

After an Hour

Aneek was working in his cabin when the peon entered.

"Sir, Naman Sir is calling you", The peon spoke.
" Okay, coming", Aneek replied and stood up from his chair to go to Naman's cabin.

As soon as he entered Naman's cabin.
He was shocked.
There were police officers and Naman was glaring at him.

"Yes Sir?", Aneek nervously asked.
"Aneek you are fired from your job", Naman spoke angrily.
"And we are here to arrest you on the crime of raising your hand on a woman", the inspector spoke.
"Take him out as soon as possible sir, we don't want such a disgusting toxic man in our startup which helps underprivileged women and the women who are victims of such heinous crimes", Naman spoke to the inspector.

Aneek's blood became cold in fear.

"Yeah sure, Thank You for cooperating Mr Naman Mathur", the inspector spoke.
While the other inspector arrested him.

" What no... I haven't done anything wrong, please no. I am innocent", Aneek cried as the police took him to custody.

At Aayaan's Office

Rashika was still sobbing while Aayaan was consoling him when Aayaan's phone rang.
He answered the call and listened to what the caller had to say and then cut the call.

After cutting the call, he cupped her face and spoke softly, "your boyfriend has been arrested for the disgusting crime he has done".

Rashika looked at Aayaan and hugged him tightly.
" Thank You", Rashika replied as she smirked evilly behind his back.

Was it Rashika's plan to take down Aneek? Or Aayaan just helped her out of generosity?

Thank you for the votes and comments on previous chapter <3
We are just 100 reads far away from 2k reads yaay :D

Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter <3
And please share it with your friends too ;)