Chapter 58

"Aayaan, is everything alright?" Dr Mukherjee got concerned after hearing the panicked voice of Aayaan. "No, everything isn't alright, please come fast," Aayaan pleaded. "Yeah, I am coming, give me five minutes, till then, stay calm," Dr Mukherjee replied and hung up the call to immediately reach Aayaan's place.

Dr Mukherjee is a well-known psychiatrist of the city, living in Aayaan's neighbourhood. He had helped Aayaan to get out of his drug addiction as it had started impacting his work slowly. The moment Aayaan realised that drugs will take his career away from him, he immediately sought help from Dr Mukherjee to get clean.

Within five minutes, Dr Mukherjee reached Aayaan's house and after asking the workers, he found out a way to his room. As he reached in front of Aayaan's room, he knocked on the door.
The moment Aayaan heard the knock, he opened the door to let Dr Mukherjee get in and as soon as he got in, Aayaan locked the door again.

"Aayaan, what happened?" Dr Mukherjee asked. "This can't happen, this can't happen again... I am unable to take it," Aayaan was panicking as he was moving to and fro around the room. Dr Mukherjee noticed him for a while, but then he held Aayaan's shoulders and made him sit on the bed.

"Aayaan, what happened? Tell me," He said in a loud tone. "Doctor, I am having that suffocating feeling, it's making my head heavy and making me think suicidal or depressive things which I don't want, I want to get rid of this," Aayaan's voice broke as he said that.

"Did anything happened?" The doctor asked. "Yes, yesterday I was betrayed by my best friend. He was more than my friend, he was a brother to me, and I couldn't bear losing him, it pained me so badly, it hurt me so bad that..." Aayaan's voice choked as he said that.
"So bad that?" The doctor looked at Aayaan curiously. "That I took drugs yesterday night, that too more than two sniffs," Aayaan confessed.

Aayaan's confession pissed the doctor. "Aayaan seriously? After two good months of getting clean, you did drugs again? And from where did you get it?" The doctor scolded.
"I had a few packets in my closet," Aayaan replied like a kid. "Give me remaining the packets now," the doctor ordered. Aayaan looked at the doctor and nodded in no. "Aayaan," he scoffed.

Aayaan unwillingly got up and took out the remaining packets he had and gave them to the doctor. "Learn to stay away from the bad habits you have left in the past," the doctor scolded and walked towards the washroom. He flushed all the white powder in the toilet and then came out of the bathroom and sat near Aayaan.

"What did you think? That if you have drugs, the pain you felt after making your best friend leave will go away?" The doctor scolded and Aayaan quietly nodded.
"No Aayaan, it isn't like that. And even if the pain vanishes when you have drugs, but the moment the trance vanishes, you will find yourself in pain again and this time, much more due to the after-effects of the drugs," the doctor tried to make him understand.

"What do I do, doctor? The girl I love, it's complicated, I can't have a relationship with her or be with her because that will make things worse between us as we both are destructive to each other. I haven't talked to my parents for a long time, I think after when I stepped into this industry. I had just one person by my side till the end, and that person betrayed me. I am all alone now, what do I do?" Aayaan spoke in a pissed up tone.

"Go to a vacation, Aayaan. You need that, you have been working for long," Dr Mukherjee spoke. "What?" Aayaan was shocked. "Yes, your work, your strained relationship with the girl, staying far away from your family, the betrayal from your best friend, all of this has taken a toll on your mental health and I can clearly observe that. And trust me, you will go mad if you do not take a vacation," Dr Mukherjee explained.

"Being alone isn't bad, but loneliness is harmful and right now, from whatever I heard from you, you are just not alone, you are lonely as well and you have to fight this loneliness or else it will turn bad for you," he continued. "Okay," Aayaan replied as he tried to understand his words.

"So leave this city for a while and go to your parents home, spend time with them, and maybe go on a vacation. Trust me, it will heal you and you really need that. And about the girl, whom you can't have in your life, don't run for her or don't cut yourself completely from her. Try to be her friend, if you can. If you can't because your feelings are overwhelming you, then please stay away. But do this and it will heal you slowly," the doctor spoke with a smile.

"Okay, I think you are right, I will do that," Aayaan agreed with the doctor. "Here, I am suggesting you some low power antidepressants... It will help you to get better fast," the doctor spoke while prescribing the medicines.

He then handed over the prescription to Aayaan, "AND DON'T DO DRUGS," he glared at him. "Notes were taken," Aayaan smiled and then the doctor took a leave.

"Mom, Dad, I am coming home tomorrow," Aayaan sighed as he looked at the doctor leaving the house.

He couldn't understand what was happening to him all of a sudden, but little did he know that it wasn't happening suddenly. She was getting successful in her ambitions. She was destroying him mentally at this moment and that wasn't going to be enough, because complete destruction meant mental, physical and social destruction.
She knew too much about him, and that's why she fed on his weaknesses which gave her power over him.

The next day, Aayaan flew to his hometown to be with his parents.

Two years later

Rashika woke up from a deep slumber just to witness that he wasn't in the bed. She was shocked and got confused about where he went.

They came here for a holiday in Venice and now all of a sudden, in the early morning, he isn't in the room. She immediately got out of the bed and walked towards the balcony.

The moment she looked down from the balcony, she was surprised.
WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Will be waiting for your comments 😉