Chapter 14

"What?? You as Aayaan Singhania's PA?", Aneek almost screamed.
"Yes", I happily reply.

"WOW!", I felt Aneek's tone a bit different, like he wasn't happy or excited about my new venture.
"What happened?", I asked him as I felt a bit sceptical.

"Nothing much, where are you anyway?" He replied changing the topic.
"Outside Aayaan's office", I reply awkwardly.
"Okay, come home soon, I will be waiting and don't stay too long at Aayaan's office", He replied putting a force in his tone when he took Aayaan's name, and I could easily sense something really weird.

"Okay but..", before I could say something else, he cut the call.
Is he pissed off? I just couldn't figure it out.

But then I was reminded about my new job and I think I should celebrate it, so I happily walked away from there to prepare for my celebration.

POV Ends

"This little bitch is pissing me off way too much, I need to tame her now and show her the original place she belongs, in my feet." Aneek thought he almost slammed his phone in the table.

He looked angry and it felt like he wanted to beat the shit out of someone.
Frustrated he sat on his chair, took the paperweight in his hand and started playing with it.

"This girl thinks that she can do whatever she wants, like really? She thinks she will work with him and sleep around with him and I would say hey baby I Love you and I will always stay with you?", Aneek slams the paperweight on the table, which created a crack on the glass desk.

He then stood up and stared outside the window. He had an evil smirk in his face.

"She needs to learn that she is mine, and she just cannot do whatever she likes. She has to obey me, she has to seek permission even for the breath she takes. She isn't even allowed to look at another man except me and it's high time now I mend her in my way. She shouldn't be getting this freedom now, she needs to learn about her existence.", Aneek thought about all the way he desires to tame her and then walked away from his cabin to meet Rashika.

Rashika's POV

I was extremely happy as I reached home. It was kind of a big achievement for me as I dreamt about working with a celebrity since childhood and it came true today.
I wanted this job to be my permanent one.
Finally a job I want to settle down with.
Finally, I could finalize my career.
And finally, after all this, I can think about marrying and starting a family with Aneek.
All of my dreams, my longings began to come true and I couldn't be more delighted.

I saw at all the decorations I have done, my messy home was clean and cosy today, I have decorated the entire room with red and yellow fairy lights.

And then I looked at the dinner table, it had Aneek's favourite cuisine, traditional north-Indian. Although I do not know how to cook it perfectly but I want to make him happy, that's why I ordered it from the best restaurant in the city.

Soon the doorbell rang, and I rushed to open the door.
"Hey", my face turned brighter with happiness as I saw Aneek on the door.
"Hey", he frowned and came inside.

I could figure out something is wrong, but I don't know why I chose to ignore it.

He settled himself in the dining table.

"I am hungry", He spoke in a monotone.
"Wait I am serving you", I happily exclaimed and started to serve him all of his favourite cuisines.

"North Indian?", He asked me as he was still frowning.
"Yup, your favourite", I could sense my joy fading out.

He took a bite of the food and he looked pissed out.

"What happened?", I asked him. " Is something wrong with the food?"
"No it's good", he spoke while taking another bite, " but you didn't cook it"

"Yeah, you know I don't like cooking that much and I wanted the dinner to be perfect so I ordered it", I reply to him.
" Well, you should at least learn the basics of what a woman should know before stepping out in the earning sector, even when it's not necessary to work outside", He taunted while staring deep in my eyes.

What is he saying? I just couldn't get it. It's not necessary to work outside? It's my dream to have a career how can I just leave it for just household chores.

"Moreover, we are marrying next month and after that, you won't be working out, you will be doing all the household chores, take care of me and my family as a woman should do. Just be a proper housewife and obey whatever I say. Because that's what a woman should do.", He spoke while munching down his food.

"What kind ridiculous shit is this Aneek?", I blurted out, I was offended by his cheap thought.

" Mind your tongue Rashika, You shall not speak in such a way with me", Aneek shouted.

"Oh really? You are speaking ridiculous things and you are saying me to mind my tongue? And what kind of bullshit is this? Be a housewife, obey your husband because that's what women should do? Excuse me? Who the fuck are you to teach me what should a woman do? Bloody male chauvinist" I spat out.

I was really angry at Aneek's behaviour and his mentality. Over the years of our relationship, he took good care of me and loved me the way I am. I fell in love with him because it seemed he was supportive and understood me. But what kind of bullshit is he saying by expecting me to shove down my ambitions and serve and obey him? That's not the reason for my existence. That's not the reason I fled away from my home.

But I was taken out from my depth of thoughts by a huge thud on my face which made me fall in the floor.

Aneek slapped me, and as I cupped my face due to the intensity of the slap I saw him taking his belt out and wrapping it around his wrist.

POV Ends

Is Aneek going to hit Rashika? Or can she save herself?

Thank you for the votes and comments on the previous chapter <3

Do vote and comment if you like this chapter <3
Share the story with your friends as sharing is caring :D

Also I am very close to 2k reads in this book, help me achieve the milestone, I promise I will either update a long chapter or will give a double update <3

Love you all for reading this story <3