Chapter 68

"What?" Aayaan was shocked as soon as he heard that. "Yes," his mother replied while sobbing. "Mom, don't you worry. I am coming home as soon as possible," he panicked and rushed out of the house.

The moment he rushed out of the house, he was surrounded by media people. As the barged into his personal space and asked numerous questions to him. They didn't even bother to care how he was doing or if it is something really necessary that he got out.

Aayaan's bodyguards were trying their best to keep those media personnel out of his way, but there were so many people, that they struggled a lot. Aayaan's mental state has completely collapsed. He wasn't even able to think anything as he thought about his dad. And at that time when the media people weren't letting him reach to his father, it angered him. His anger, the devastation he felt, it was all way too much and at that time, all he heard from those journalists were the burning questions about him and Rashika. Questions about his integrity and disrespect towards women and were blaming him for so many things that he had no idea about. His world started falling apart.

But in this heat of the moment, he didn't bother to think about all this. All he wanted was to get out of here and reach to his father as soon as possible, but these journalists weren't even letting him go. He felt angry and frustrated, and in that frustration, he pushed one of the media personals so hard that he fell on the ground.

"Stay away from me," he yelled at the top of his voice. All the media personnel were shocked and went a step back. The moment they did that, Aayaan got into his car and went away from there.

But little did he know, that his one action will be costing him so much that he won't be able to recover from it anymore. The way he pushed the journalist and then yelled at those people, it was recorded on the camera, and these people, they didn't even waste a second to air it on the national television.

They bashed him in all ways possible, that how Aayaan was disrespectful and arrogant. They claimed that all his good image was a mask that he had put on to get famous, and now, his true face is revealed. They tagged him inhumanly. And all the news was believed by the common people, they trusted these media houses and the story cooked by them and the next moment, most of the social media warriors started spreading hate about him.

All the fame he got, the respect he earned in this industry and the hustle he did to reach here was destroyed in a day, and he was just helpless. The people who pushed him up were now the ones pulling him down. Nobody knew his side of the story, and nobody even wanted to know it anymore. They just believed a girl who was crying on social media and now, they decided to pull him down.

Well, in reality, isn't this how fame works. One shot at you doesn't matter it's true or false, one half baked story, and your entire hustle, entire hard work and the achievements you made, all of it goes in vain. It's just destroyed completely. And that's what happened with him. Rashika's side of truth became the actual truth in people eyes and now these people decided to pull him down. Could Aayaan do anything to save himself? Well, no. But will Aayaan get out of the trauma he is facing right now? That only time will tell.

After a couple of hours, Aayaan finally reached his hometown and rushed to the hospital his dad was admitted to.
He looked for his mom and found her in front of his Dad's ward, he ran towards her.

"Mom," he panted as he reached there, "how's dad?" His mom turned towards him and then nodded. "He's out of danger now," she sighed.
The moment Aayaan heard that he felt like someone has blessed his ears. Even after all the troubles, he was facing, the fact that he didn't lose his dad relieved him. But little did he know, that he was about to lose both of his parents right now.

"Great, I wanna see him," he spoke with a smile. "You can't," his mother sobbed. "What? Why?" He was shocked. "Because your dad doesn't want to see your face. He said that he can't have a son who doesn't know to respect a woman and has somehow spoiled her integrity. He basically disowned you," she cried.

"Mom," the words left out of Aayaan's mouth. He was completely devastated as he heard that. It felt like his world fell apart. He went closer to hug her, but at the main moment, his mom stepped back.

Aayaan was shocked, he looked at her. "I agree with your dad's decision," she claimed.

Rashika went to Rohan with a few papers in her hand.
"Rohan," she called him. "Yeah?" He replied.

She presented the papers to Rohan. "I want you to sign this," she sighed. "What are these papers?" He asked while focusing on his work.

"Divorce papers," she replied. "What?" Rohan was completely shocked. "Yes, and I want you to sign it," she spoke in a firm voice.

Rohan left all his work and rushed to her. "Rashika, what are you saying? Why would I sign it? We love each other and everything is going perfect, why would I divorce you?" His voice seemed to break as he spoke.

"Because I don't love you, Rohan," she sighed.