Chapter 50

Nimrit went baffled for a second due to Aayaan's direct question at her. She got scared that he will know her motives. But then the next minute, she somehow calmed herself down and looked at him.

"Why would I have any motives, Aayaan? What kind of question is this?" She snapped. "Come on, I know you Nimrit, we have spent a good amount of time together. You aren't the one who will look back to your past or even meet someone who had a slight influence in your past and now doesn't matters to you anymore. So tell me, why are you here?" He looked straight into her eyes and asked her.

"Aayaan," she rolled her eyes, "do you remember why we broke up?" She scoffed. "Yeah, because we wanted to be successful in our respective careers and when we were together, we weren't able to grow individually," Aayaan replied.

"Yes, and now I know, in fact, everyone knows how successful you are in your career. And I am proud of you. Yes, we broke up but that didn't mean we lost the respect we had for each other or our breakup was an ugly one. So your words about me looking up to the past do not make sense. We wanted to be successful in our careers and now when I know you are, I wanted to congratulate you," she spoke as she walked near him.

She held his hands and looked straight into his eyes. "Aayaan, I wanted to tell you how happy I am for you for a long time. I wanted to appreciate you and spend some time with you just for the sake of it and nothing else and I did that today, so I do not want anything else now," she softly spoke and the look in her eyes explained that she meant everything she said.

"Okay," Aayaan nodded. "Yeah, now I should leave," she spoke and started to walk away from there.
"Nimrit," he called her from behind which made her turn. "Yes?" She replied.

Aayaan walked towards her with a smile on his face. "And since you're doing well in your career as well and achieving whatever you wanted to achieve, I am proud of you as well," he replied. "Thanks," she replied with a smile.

Both of them looked at each other as they had nothing more to say. They just quietly stole glances from each other with a smile on their faces.
Nimrit felt a spark kind of thing like the good old times and that made her blush a little. She smiled and walked towards him expecting a hug.

"I think we should leave now," Aayaan spoke as he couldn't understand Nimrit's want of a hug.
"Yeah, yeah," Nimrit flushed, as she looked here and there.
"Okay then, goodbye and good night," Aayaan spoke with a smile. "Yeah, good night, see ya," Nimrit replied.

Aayaan nodded and then walked away from there while Nimrit stood there looking at a departing Aayaan.

As soon as Aayaan went from there, Nimrit took out her phone and made a call to Chirag.
"Hello, Chirag," she spoke as soon as he picked up the call.
"Nimrit, how did it went?" Chirag curiously asked.

"I don't think our plan will work, buddy," Nimrit sighed. "What? Why? What happened?" He asked, shocked.
"I saw him, I talked to him but what did I felt, he has no feelings left for me. If there aren't any feelings left, how can I revoke it? He jas completely moved on," she spoke. Her voice seemed a bit low as somewhere deep in her heart, she expected this to go different, she expected him to somehow accept any kind of feelings he has for her, but it all went in vain because he had no feelings left for her.

"This can't be possible, how can be it possible that he hasn't any feelings left? He loved you truly," Chirag felt pissed off as he heard that.
"Well, this isn't a movie Chirag, where people will wait for and just keep on loving someone till the end of their lives, it's real life and people do move on completely in real lives," she replied in a sad tone.

"Okay, fine. Thank you for trying your best," Chirag spoke in a low voice.
"I promise you that I will try again whenever I get a chance," Nimrit consoled. "Hmmm," he nodded.

"There is one more thing, Chirag," Nimrit spoke in a stern voice. "What?" He asked. "Aayaan has fallen in love with her and he loves her deeply," she spoke.
"How can you say that?" He curiously asked. "Well, for someone, who knows what love is, who has felt love deeply, I can pretty much say that," Nimrit replied with a mild and confused smile.

Days start to pass by,
The film was released in theatres the next day and it was performing exceptionally well. The film was earning well and the public was loving it as well. Everyone was appreciating Aayaan's performance and apart from that, everyone loved Rashika. They were impressed by her performance and she managed to win people's heart with a single movie. Things were going uphill and the movie was sure to be a blockbuster.

After a couple of weeks,

Rashika was reading a book that's when her phone rang. She immediately picked up the call.

"Hello," she answered. "Hey Rashika, this is Rohan," the caller replied. "Rohan Singhal?" She asked. "Yes," he replied.
"Oh my God! How are you?" She immediately got excited. "I am great, what about you?" He replied. "I am good as well," she replied with a smile.

"Actually, I have a news for you," he spoke. "What news?" She curiously asked. "Our production company is thinking to sign our next venture with you," he informed.
"What? Are you serious?" She got excited in a second. She felt like jumping in her bed. "Yes, my dad will contact you in the next few days," he replied.
"Thank you so much," she happily replied.

"Well, there is something more," Rohan spoke. "What?" She asked.
"I would like to ask you for a date," he nervously spoke.

I have been thinking for long to give faces to both of the main leads :p

And here it is ;)

Aayaan Singhania

Rashika Singh

Heya Guys, Do follow me on instagram for more updates related to my stories :)
As I have a few other stories on a different platform like Booknet ;)
I will be dropping my Instagram profile link on the comment section ;)