Chapter 60

Aayaan was devastated as he saw the wedding invitation. The card fell from his hands as a tear dropped from his eyes.

"Rashika is marrying Rohan," he mumbled as he let the fact sink in that she was finally going to be someone else's. He didn't know why but he couldn't bear it. He somehow found himself a place to sit on the gym and then settled down on it

Tears started flooding in his eyes as he couldn't control it anymore. His heart ached thinking about Rashika being with someone else.

Yes, he was the one who had advised her to move on, he was the one who wanted the best for her and Rohan is the best man for her. She has reached the peak of her career in mere two years and she was getting everything he dreamt of for her.
But the fact, that she was finally getting married to someone else and now there won't be anything left between them, it pained him.
Deep in his heart, he didn't want it. He wasn't ready to let her go and so he had these tears in his eyes and pain in his heart.

He somehow took out his phone and made a call to Rashika.
"Hello," Rashika picked up the call. "Congratulations, I have just received your wedding invitation," he spoke in a broken voice.
"Aayaan," she sighed.

"I am happy for you," Aayaan spoke while on the other hand, Rashika could feel that he was crying. "Aayaan, are you crying?" She asked him. "No, no, I am okay," Aayaan replied as he wiped away his tears.
"Okay," she replied and then there was a silence on the phone.

"What happened Aayaan, why have you called me?" Rashika asked, finally breaking the silence. "I... I just..." Aayaan felt lost of words, "I just called you to congratulate you on your wedding," he finally spoke after a while. "Is that the only reason?" She asked in a firm voice.

Aayaan couldn't take it anymore and he felt that he couldn't lie to her anymore. He took a deep breath, "Rashika, before you marry Rohan, I want to meet and spend time with you for the last time," he confessed.
Rashika was surprised at his confession.

"Aayaan, that's not possible, I have to manage so many preparations for the wedding as it is due next month," she replied. "I know the wedding is due next month, but I want a day," Aayaan whined.

"Okay fine," Rashika finally agreed after a pause, "I will be at your home tomorrow noon," she concluded and then hung up the call.

After cutting the call, Rashika smirked.

Flashback

"So the wedding invitations are here and we are going to invite people from tomorrow," Rohan excitedly spoke as he handed over the guest list to Rashika.
Rashika scanned through the guest list.

"If there is anyone you want to add, please tell me," Rohan spoke. "Why isn't Aayaan's name here?" Rashika asked.
Rohan was shocked at her question.

"Why do you want him at our wedding?" He asked in a pissed off tone. "Because I want to see his face when I get married to you," Rashika instantly replied.

Rohan confusingly looked at Rashika as he couldn't understand anything. "Rohan, you told me na that he should know what he has done and I should get justice?" She asked her. "Yeah," Rohan nodded, still confused. "Then let me do it my way," she spoke.

"I want him to realise what he has lost, I want him to realise what it feels like when someone gives me the only thing I asked from him, commitment, and I want to see his face when he realises that," Rashika spoke in a firm tone.
"Okay, as you wish," Rohan replied with a smile, "I know my would-be wife is a strong woman."

Rashika smiled and looked at Rohan, "I love you," she held her hand. "I love you too," he replied as he planted a kiss on her forehead.

"So, Aayaan Singhania will be attending our wedding, and as you said, now even I am excited to see his face," he chuckled.
Rashika smiled seeing him chuckling.

Flashback Ends

The next day,
Rashika reached Aayaan's house at noon. She rang the doorbell as she stood in front of his house.
The next moment, Aayaan opened the door and she entered the house.

"Finally, in this house, after so many years," she sighed as she looked around the house. Aayaan smiled as he kept on looking at her.

As Rashika walked inside the house, she found something unusual. "Aayaan, where are the maids and workers?" She asked.
"I have told them to go home as I don't want anyone to know that you are at my house before a month of your wedding with another man," Aayaan replied in a monotone.

Both of them walked to the drawing-room and then Rashika settled herself there. Her eyes were scanning the entire house and even after so many years, the house hasn't changed much.

"Do you want to go to my room?" He asked her as he picked up a bottle of wine and two glasses. "Yeah, sure," she replied and then stood up to walk towards his room.

Both of them quietly took the long walk to his room and when they finally reached there, Aayaan locked the door from inside. Rashika immediately turned towards Aayaan and looked at him.

"So tell me Aayaan, why have you asked me to come here?" She asked looking straight at his face.
Aayaan sighed as he looked here and there to find words to say but he found himself out of words. While Rashika was waiting for him to say anything.

"Aayaan, speak, I don't have the entire day to wait," she spoke in a loud tone. Aayaan sighed. "There is no easy way to do this," he took a deep breath and turned towards Rashika.

"Rashika, I love you," he confessed.

Whoops :p Comment what do you think about this chapter ;)