Chapter 48

"Nimrit?" Aayaan was surprised as he saw her. "Yeah, I am here," the girl winked. "Oh my God, how have you been?" Aayaan excitedly asked her as he hugged her tightly.
"I have been great, what about you?" Nimrit replied as they broke the hug. "I am good as well," Aayaan replied with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, yeah. I can see that it's your movie premiere and you are all by yourself and stalking your co-star," she winked. "Shut up," he chuckled, "by the way, you in my premiere show? That to all of a sudden, how?" He asked.
"Well, I thought surprising my ex on his film's premiere would be a good idea so I bought the tickets," Nimrit replied, "but I thought you will look around and somehow find me in this crowd, but all I could see that your gaze was fixed at your co-star," she raised an eyebrow.

"It's... It's nothing like that," Aayaan tried to shrug it out. "Oh really?" Nimrit taunted sarcastically. "Yes," he nodded. "Cool then," she winked.

Both of them walked towards the bar and then took a drink in their hands.
"So, how is life going?" Aayaan asked. "It's going great. Everything is going on exactly the same way I wanted. I am in a perfect space, having a perfect career. My professional life is flourishing," she proudly boasted.

"Good, I am happy for you," Aayaan replied with a smile. "Oh! Thank you," Nimrit giggled. "Our breakup finally paid off," Aayaan joked and then both of them burst into laughter.

On the other hand, Rashika felt that Aayaan's gaze which was constantly fixed on her has stopped. She looked here and there to check out on Aayaan and yes, she was right, Aayaan wasn't looking at her anymore. She got concerned about where he went, that's when she spotted him with a girl near the bar, laughing and enjoying drinks.

She felt angry as she saw Aayaan happy with another woman. She felt like breaking both of their heads, but somehow she calmed herself and plastered a smile on her face.

Rashika's POV

I know Aayaan for the past three years and he is the one who never gets close and too much friendly with girls. He doesn't have many girl friends, the only one was Diksha with whom he was close. And with other girls, he was completely professional.

Then who the fuck is this girl? Why is she clinging too much to Aayaan and why isn't Aayaan getting uncomfortable? It seems like they know each other for a very long time and no, this isn't good for me.

I can't let any girl be close to him. He has to be lonely in the matter of girls. He has to be. That's how I can accomplish my goal. That's how I can destroy him mentally.

I have to find out who this girl is and then kick her out of Aayaan's life at any cost. The only girl Aayaan can have in his life is only me.

POV Ends

"So, have you moved on completely?" Nimrit asked while taking a sip of her drink. "Duh! Yes," Aayaan replied.
"Oh, come on. Seriously?" She was surprised. "Yes, Nimrit. We have broken up six years ago and that's a really long time for someone to move on. Moreover, we didn't break up on an I love you but I hate you kinda phase. We had a proper closure of our relationship, so yeah, that gave me an upper hand in moving on," he replied with a smile as he took another sip of his drink.

Nimrit looked at Aayaan, she felt a bit hurt at Aayaan's words. "Well, weren't you the one who always said that when you love someone, you can never forget the person or completely move on. Somewhere deep down in your heart, you will always keep waiting for that person?" She spoke as she fixed her gaze at him.

Aayaan looked at him and chuckled. "Do you believe that, Nimrit?" He asked her. "You used to believe that," she immediately replied. "Well, guess, I got practical," he chuckled. "Great," she faked a smile as well.

Aayaan took another sip of his drink and while doing that, his eyes found Rashika and he kept on looking at her. Nimrit noticed that.
"How can I enter in your life, Aayaan, when you have your space in your heart filled by another woman," she thought.

Flashback

Nimrit was watching a movie on her laptop that's when her phone rang. She immediately picked up the call.

"Hello," she answered on the call. "Hey, Nimrit," someone replied. "Chirag?" She was surprised as she heard his voice, "how are you? It's been so long mate."

"I am great, how are you?" Chirag replied. "I am fantastic dude. Oh my God! It's been so long," she replied in complete excitement.

"Nimmo, I won't be talking other things right now as I am concerned about some things. I know you're doing great and I am so happy for you and proud of you, but right now, I need your help," he spoke in a serious voice.
"What happened Chirag? Is everything alright?" Nimrit asked as she understood the seriousness of Chirag's voice and got concerned.

"Do you remember Aayaan?" Chirag bluntly asked.
As soon as Nimrit heard Aayaan's name, a smile of nostalgia hit her face. She git flashbacks of their almost perfect relationship and it made her heart flutter.

"How can I forget him? I loved that soul," she replied with a never-ending smile on her face.
"Then will you help him?" Chirag asked, his voice felt like he had lots of hopes attached to this question.

"What happened to him?" She asked as she got concerned about Aayaan.
"Right now, he is okay and doing great. But there is a woman, who wants to use and destroy him and I can see him slowly fall into her trap. That woman is completely wicked and I want to save my best friend from her. So please help me in saving him," he pleaded.

As she heard it all, she got tensed about Aayaan. She didn't want him to fall into any sort of danger as she still cared for him.
"What will I have to do?" She asked in a firm voice as she took a deep breath.

"You will have to re-enter Aayaan's life," Chirag immediately replied.

5 comments and I will immediately post the next part :)
I have written the next part so ;)