Chapter 28

Rashika's POV

"Rashika, we need to talk", Aayaan's tone was serious, which made me feel excited about it, maybe he has accepted my conditions. "Okay", I took a deep breath, "even I wanna talk to you", she smiled. "Cool, then reach my home asap", he replied. "Okay", I replied in the same tone and then cut the call.

I felt happy, pleased and excited as well. He loves me to such an extent that he is even willing to accept my conditions. I wanted to jump and dance in happiness but somehow I control myself. Now I know that he loves me, then I should prove to him that even I too love him unconditionally. And in this unconditional love, I shouldn't give any conditions. I took a deep breath.

I was a bit wrong earlier, I shouldn't have put conditions before him about not romancing with other girls. It's included in his work, and I shouldn't disrespect his work. I know what's work, I have fought against my parents and Aneek for my work. So how can he tolerate if he gets interrupted in his work and that too by me?

Flashback

"You are not going to Mumbai, Rashika", her mother screamed at her. "But Why Mumma??", she cried. "Because we don't want you to send there my girl, we don't want", her mother sat beside her.

"Look my dear child, we have lost your elder brother who was a victim of the terrorist attack in Mumbai back then. We don't want to send you to the same city just to bring the same doom again on us. Please understand, you can do whatever you want to do in your life, you can choose whatever career you want. But not the career which sends you to that city.", his father sighed in sorrow.

"I don't understand you guys", she screamed at the top of her voice. "Just because bro died in the city, you guys are asking me to compromise my dreams? How can you be so ruthless Mumma papa?", she raised her fingers on them.

"We aren't ruthless Rashika. We are concerned, for you and your life. You are the only one we have and we cannot lose you", her mother angrily glared at her. "I don't care. I have been dreaming stuff from years and I just can not let it go in vain just because of your stupid concerns ", she looked at them. "I have got admission in one of the best colleges in Mumbai and I am going there for my studies and then for living my life.", she then decided to walk out of there.

Just as she was about to walk out of the room. Her mother held her hand and pulled her a bit just to slap her hard. "First thing, you are no one to speak with so much rudeness with your parents who are just concerned for you. And the second thing, you aren't going to Mumbai and this is our final decision.", she shouted at her. "Now go to your room", his father equally shouted at her.

Rashika quietly went to her room and settled herself in the bed. She touched her cheeks lightly where her mother had slapped her. She felt angry and frustrated. "You guys are no one to slap me or to snatch my dreams away from me.", She whispered to herself. At that moment, her eyes fell on the leather belt of her father which was kept at her table, she looked at it and evilly smiled before picking it up.

At the Police station,

Rashika seated herself before the Senior Inspector's table and was sobbing. The senior inspector looked at her with pity. "What happened kid?", she asked Rashika. "My parents", Rashika cried, "I told them... That I want to go to Mumbai, for my higher studies... And live my life there...", she sobbed, "but... But they didn't agree, and then, and then they beat me like this", finally she broke down in tears.

"What's your age?", the inspector asked. "Eighteen", Rashika replied. "Your parents will be punished, I promise you", she assured Rashika at which she mildly nodded.

And later in that day, her parents were arrested in the charge of domestic abuse to their daughter with a non-bailable warrant. The inspector sent Rashika to Mumbai and she sponsored her college life so that she can study and be successful. And this is how Rashika managed to escape to Mumbai just to live her dreams.

Flashback Ends

I haven't taken any bullshit in my career so I should respect his choices as well. I finally took a deep breath and then got up to reach the house of the Love of My Life.

POV Ends

Rashika got ready and then went to Aayaan's home as Aayaan was waiting impatiently for her. Both of them settled down in his office for a chat.

Diksha was crossing through there when her eyes fell on them. She stopped and peeked inside the office. "What the...", she immediately blurted out as she witnessed them together.

"I am sorry for the way I snapped at you", Aayaan apologized in a monotone. "Even I am sorry baby, I shouldn't have put such a condition before you for your work. That was wrong on so many levels.", Rashika lowered her eyes.

"Look, you have to understand, this is my work and I know you're insecure about it and I can help you out with your insecurities but I cannot just let all of my work go. I will remain loyal to you and that's my professional life, and it will always remain professional.", he tried to explain to her at which she smiled.

Diksha was hearing the entire conversation from outside the room. She was frustrated and walked away from there.

"No, no, this can't happen. These differences cannot be sorted out so easily", she screamed. "I can't let it happen", she pulled her hairs.

She completely panicked at that moment, but then she somehow calmed herself and then smirked. "I am sorry Aayaan, but now I have to do this. I have to exploit your weakness to distance this bitch from you."

What do you guys think? What will Diksha do now to create a ruckus in their lives??

Also do leave a vote and a comment if you are liking the story ;)