Gyro Gearloose (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Reckless Use of Technology, Implied Violence, Implied Bullying (not by Gyro), Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - One idea I've toyed with for a while is the possibility of Gyro's obsession being imprinted on his more sentient inventions' (ex. Lil' Bulb and B.O.Y.D.) programming.

Platonic:

Builds them an invention playground. Someone who appreciates his creations and believes his assertions of their inner benevolence would snag Gyro's attention in the worst way. He will devote every thought to and pour every drop of energy into corroborating this attitude, starting by providing his friend with all sorts of inventions on McDuck Enterprises's dime.

For every problem they encounter, Gyro has the perfect solution. If the issue goes beyond technological difficulties and requires a more physical approach, this scientist has a host of fanatical robots that are delighted to put their weapon systems to use. He has never grasped the fact that laser beams and clone armies are not the best answer to every dispute with other friends.

Poor sense of privacy. While Gyro would sleep through half the world bursting into flames and wake up with a smile, he is determined to memorize every element of his friend's personal life. Companionship is a foreign concept to him, one that he learned to distrust and devalue after years of ridicule from the scientific community.

Romantic:

Vengeful to a fault. He holds a grudge against anyone who steals his partner's attention from him, but the subtlest hint at an attraction from either party fosters a vicious degree of loathing. Every interaction leaves him gritting his teeth and muttering threats until the moment he orders a robot attack on the interloper.

Wicked jealous streak. Every time someone opens their mouth near his partner, he expects tales of his checkered past in Tokyolk and the failures of countless inventions after the fact to come spilling out their lips. These faults have been repeated and dangled above his head since the day he crossed his first wire.

The thought that the next comment may be the one to convince his partner of his inadequacy terrifies him, so he responds with rage whenever people inquire about their relationship. In Gyro's mind, this interest is a manipulative method of searching for any reason to criticize him and make his partner question his integrity.