Hexxus (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Environmental Degradation, Supernatural Entity, Apocalyptic Visions, Delusions of Grandeur, Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - I can't believe that 90% of his screen time was removed. It makes me wonder what all of his scenes were going to be.

Platonic:

Hexxus thinks himself a higher level of being than every living thing, and this glaring pride results in him rarely treating his friend with the same respect that he commands. They are more so viewed as a minion who has fallen into an enviable role and should thank him for giving them a front-row seat to the ravaging of the natural world. As an extension of his plan for contaminating the globe, he pushes them into reckless decisions that forfeit their wellbeing and the wellbeing of others in return for instant gratification.

To the entity, his friend will never match his power or come to understand the splendour of his existence. Complaints and protests against his actions are met with coercion and bullying, as Hexxus believes that they lack the spirit and ability to contest his goal in a meaningful and legitimate way. The legend of the rainforest tells of humanity toppling under his apocalyptic power once before, something which he threatens to bring about again to intimidate his friend when they disparage his breakdown of nature.

The lives of those he ruins are irrelevant to Hexxus, and expressing concern for his victims yields either mockery or apathy depending on his mood at the time. The malevolent force makes false promises to leave their sliver of Earth unscathed if his friend is worried about their safety. There is little sincerity in these conversations with them, which commonly derail into him discussing how he intends to destroy FernGully and laughing at any uncertainty they may show.

Romantic:

As the embodiment of impurity, Hexxus has dedicated himself to spoiling the natural beauty of the world. He looks at the good and the healthy and sees nothing but ways to corrupt it, encouraging a disregard for logic and restraint and the blind pursuit of impulses if it means damaging the more favourable aspects of his partner's life. Hexxus does not inflict any direct harm on them, but he feasts on the illness that comes with such a ragged atmosphere and siphons the energy from them to enrich himself.

Being the manifestation of pollution allows unfettered access to most urban settings and areas of human development. Hexxus feeds on rot, destruction, and the proliferation of grime, so he urges his partner to neglect their environment and personal hygiene by exaggerating the amount of time and effort it would take to care for themselves and their living space. Adopting a squalid and hedonistic lifestyle enables him to be close to them more often and have greater control over their surroundings, which he uses to further poison their life and make the upkeep of it all the more difficult.

Hexxus delights in every struggle but his own. He exacerbates any complications in his partner's life by suggesting that they need to act rashly to improve their situation, only to derive amusement from their failure. Magi and the fairies are their best hope to escape his deleterious appetites, but Hexxus strives to defile the land around his partner until it is hostile to the magical community.