Dewey Duck (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Erotomania, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - The least dangerous triplet but the most tenacious.

Platonic:

Desperate for attention. No amount of sleepovers and playdates are enough to satisfy Dewey's craving for company, his clinginess never curbed despite monopolizing his friend's day. He will attempt to derail any previous engagements and bombard their schedule with his interests, but they need only possess a bit of stubbornness for him to resign to accompanying them.

Everywhere his friend goes, Dewey will follow. Whether it is a simple trip to the kitchen or a journey through town is irrelevant. The rambunctious triplet will stay right next to them, jabbering about himself, his adventures, and this great amusement park they should visit together sometime.

Devotes himself to their happiness. Dewey is forever euphoric in the presence of his friend, but they do not always share the same enthusiasm. While he views a day with him as the cure for any troubles, he also understands that jokes and arcade games only go so far. If prioritizing their satisfaction means the detriment of others, he will yell and shove with a smile on his face.

Dewey has a habit of forgetting the rest of the world when his friend is concerned. His thoughts and emotions are fixated on them, and he overlooks the fact that their life does not revolve around his. If his friend expresses displeasure, he is haunted by the idea that he is the source of their woes.

Impatience compels him to confront them when he can stand the uncertainty no longer. Even if they confirm his fears, Dewey refuses to believe that someone else is not to blame. To know that he has wronged his friend is to admit that their relationship is imperfect, so he invents another reality in which he is innocent and the culprit is an irredeemable villain.

Romantic:

Feigns confidence to conceal a fear of abandonment. Dewey spends hours raving about how amazing he is because a frantic, reckless part of him expects his partner to run away with the next person who catches their eye. Any indication that his anxieties are valid, even something as trivial as a frown or sigh, sends him spiralling into a panic.

Depends on them for self-esteem. No matter how much his family may praise him, Dewey believes that his partner has the final word. If they disapprove of his lifestyle or show little interest in his endeavours, these achievements become meaningless to him.

Obsesses over the slightest hint of reciprocation. Dewey counteracts his insecurities with the delusion that he and his partner are soulmates, unwilling to consider the possibility of the infatuation being one-sided. Rejection would snap his sanity like a twig, so his perception of reality is filtered through a lens where everything his partner does is a clue about their untold affection for him.

Any denial of or opposition to this belief is met with a wink and a wave of the hand. Dewey dismisses it as a facade meant to dissuade the public from snooping, yet he is happy to gush about his elusive partner to his family. They are fed an unreliable version of events that are full of discrepancies, which his brothers uncover.

Despite their attempts at intervention, Dewey's faith in the relationship remains unwavering. Every bit of conflict is perceived as an act, and the tiniest sliver of kindness from his partner negates any progress his brothers have made in convincing him that the reciprocation he covets is imaginary.