Phineas T. Ratchet (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Emotional Manipulation, Implied Death, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - The back of his head looks like a dorsal fin.

Platonic:

Ratchet pretends to sympathize with his friend's concerns, only to bury them under a list of reasons why his perspective is superior. Complaints are irritating rather than alarming to him, and he strives to muzzle any dissent by taunting their fears and grievances. Anyone who tries to defend his friend is either stripped of upgrades or declared an outmode and sent to the Chop Shop.

Through his excess wealth and influence, Ratchet illustrates every flaw he sees in them. The superficial weaknesses he defines are a reflection of his feelings of inadequacy. Solutions are offered, but he demands favours and adulation. Ratchet faces no greater difficulties than missed appointments and imperfectly shaped joints, leading to a disconnect between his self-image and his idea of perfection.

Ratchet is, at best, skeptical and at worst, intolerant of anyone's authority but his own. It is a habit learned from the tyranny of his mother, and this belief that leverage and materialistic perks solve all conflict is entrenched in the friendship. The only reason why Ratchet would cower is if his friend has an equally autocratic personality.

Romantic:

While around his partner, Ratchet's arrogant conduct evolves into an invasion of boundaries. Compliments are frequent and unwarranted, and personal space is violated. Tales of his salary and access to upgrades are reiterated in every conversation. If his partner expresses interest or is otherwise receptive, Ratchet becomes aggressive and forfeits his patience.

He insults their friends and accentuates his prestige. Moments of anger and doubt seep into his public appearances, but he is susceptible to manipulation when self-conscious. The slightest resistance or contention is perceived by him as complete rejection and utter invalidation. If he feels like he is being teased or slighted, he erupts in a fit of ire.

Bots who exacerbate his insecurities are lambasted in both snide comments snuck into speeches and private rants within the confines of his office. Purging these rivals elicits a rhapsodic streak of pride, and Ratchet commends himself in the presence of his partner.