Dr. Nefarious (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Implied Violence, Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Such a gloriously hammy villain!

Platonic:

An eternal victory, a life where he is the subject of universal adulation, is a popular subject of fantasy for Nefarious. His emotional volatility creates an unpredictable environment for interactions, with some days involving tirades about the inherent hostility of the galaxy and others comprising speeches about how no one but his friend is fit to rule with him. Nefarious is rarely generous, but when one of his more thoughtful moods arrives, the enemies of his friend become his own.

He enjoys locating these perpetrators and turning them into the guinea pigs for his new inventions, taunting their suffering and reserving a slot in his galactic conquest for everyone guilty of betrayal or misconduct. The presence of his friend boosts confidence and encourages him to be reckless, but the slightest inconvenience or frustration with his agenda plunges him into disgust. Nefarious is prone to megalomaniacal rants about the ineptitude of his troops and Ratchet and Clank's tendency to foil his schemes, which he frames as further evidence that the universe supports his downfall.

Romantic:

A glass cage one jab away from shattering is the state of Nefarious's psyche, and this mental instability translates into unrepentant aggression against all perceived threats to the relationship. Full of bitterness from his past defeats and the humiliation endowed by his foes, he has no stress tolerance and inflicts years of pent-up anger on those who trigger his insecurity. The lives of anyone who tries to charm his partner are threatened by his destructive rage and arsenal of deadly technology, with Nefarious not hesitating to attack or order his minions to do so if the offender fails to disappear.

Loss has become such a routine bedfellow that a part of him expects to be rebuffed, so his true opinion of his partner is buried in vicious assaults on alleged rivals and verses of his space opera. While Nefarious likes to gloat about his performance on the battlefield and omit the contributions of everyone else, allowing his partner to watch him fight, especially with Ratchet or Qwark, inspires a frenzied eagerness to win. Each inevitable failure only drives him to lash out further, the fallout from which is dreaded by his butler Lawrence.