Warner Siblings (Nightmare Headcanons)

"The Warners have a nightmare of the reader leaving them and wake up to find them gone. They have a panic attack, only for the reader to come back and explain that they were at the grocery store."

TW: Stress Eating, Separation Anxiety, Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Last mistake.

Platonic:

Yakko pretends to have a conversation with his friend while preparing to go outside and search for them. His facade of confidence crumbles the second he hears the door open, and he rushes forward in a wave of confused apologies and inquiries about their earlier whereabouts. The eldest sibling refuses to leave their side for the next few days, fearing that the dream was an omen.

Wakko devours every scrap of food he can find and never leaves the couch, using the television to distract himself from the notion that his friend has abandoned him. The sight of them entering the water tower is met with quiet happiness, but a massive weight is lifted from his chest. He suppresses the lingering dread and combats it by tailing his friend whenever they leave.

Dot is desperate to prove that her dream has not predicted reality, leading to her either swiping someone's phone to call her friend or waking her brothers to form a search party. She is rushing out the door when they step inside and proceeds to beg for an affirmation of their bond. The Warner Sister insists on accompanying them for any future nighttime escapades, and she develops a habit of waiting for her friend to fall asleep before sleeping herself.

Romantic:

Yakko is consumed by fears of inadequacy and spends the night pacing and muttering to himself. His partner's return spells relief, yet the tremor in his voice refuses to yield. The thought that they were planning on vanishing into the night but changed their mind torments him, prompting him to amplify his usual efforts to pamper them.

Wakko sits in front of the door and watches it for hours, hoping that his partner will return. He sees nothing wrong with their relationship and fails to understand why they would leave him, so he acts as if they are returning from a lengthy vacation. The toon complains about the loneliness their absence fostered and attempts to dissuade them from leaving the tower anymore.

Dot sheds many a tear of frustration before collapsing onto her bed and sobbing. She floods her partner in promises to be better, but her remorse evolves into a rage when they reveal the nature of their absence. Yells dominate the night as she forbids them from leaving the water tower, infuriated that their actions caused her to doubt herself.