Heinz Doofenshmirtz (Romantic Scenario - "Prima Facie")

TW: Violence, Implied Stalking, Erotomania, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Forever a fan of mad scientists.

Norm raised the porcelain teacup to his metal sheet of teeth and pantomimed drinking. "This is an empty cup. Because I run on oil, I cannot drink tea."

Crossing his arms, Doofenshmirtz turned to his side and gave a slight shrug with his head slightly tilted downwards. "I know what you're saying, Norm. But I don't feel like a phony." He looked askance at the giant robot before hurrying to face him directly, holding his arms in front of his chest like a velociraptor. "Is that what they think I am?"

The expression of forced happiness remained unchanged on Norm's doll-like face, and he watched his creator through the bottom of his gaze with unblinking eyes. "Good communication is important for every relationship."

Doofenshmirtz showed his palms to the mechanical humanoid, breaking eye contact and deepening his frown. "I know, I know." Following an eye roll, his voice dropped to a grumble. "That's what I keep hearing." A flicker of concern entered his visage as he scratched the nape of his neck and peeked at a nearby desk, which was encumbered with messy piles of blueprints and crumpled paper. "I'll ... I'll just write another letter."

The diagrams and pages drifted to corners of the desk and the floor in a barrage of flutters, surrendering effortlessly to the strength of his arms. A singular piece of blank paper remained, and the scientist took a seat in a revolving chair while opening a drawer to obtain a pencil. About halfway through composing the letter, there came a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" called Norm in the best imitation of a stereotypical 1950s housewife that his monotone voice could summon. He opened the door without waiting for an answer, revealing a teenage brunette clad in black leather and high heel boots. "Hi, Sis!" The robot had begun to offer a handshake when the girl bumped her fist against one of his oversized fingers.

A nervous chuckle slipped out of Doofenshmirtz, and he pulled the letter closer to himself while crinkling his eyes. "Vanessa! You're here early." He quieted during the second half of his greeting as if not wanting it heard.

Vanessa stood with one foot atop a brown, cuboid parcel. "Hey, Dad. Someone left a package from the-" she leaned forward to squint at the label "-evil science convention." Doofenshmirtz leapt from his chair, his footsteps coinciding with the squeaking of wheels and the rattling of joints as the chair pivoted away from the desk. Vanessa retracted her foot when he neared, and after a brief look of annoyance that, in his eagerness to reach the parcel, he was oblivious to, she strolled past him into the laboratory.

Doofenshmirtz rammed his body weight into the delivery and crouched to examine it, brushing his fingers across the rough texture of the wrapping paper and twiddling the thread that held it together like a guitar string. Stifled laughter, similar to that of a child opening their presents on Christmas Day before their parents awakened, escaped him as he attempted to lift it. When the parcel refused to budge, he inspected the return address.

The location that met his gaze dumped a load of disappointment so heavy that he fell to the ground with his legs outstretched on either side of the package. His lab coat, which had been draped over it, pooled beneath him and instead covered the underside of his legs. Doofenshmirtz gradually drew them to his stomach, and a moment of glowering at the delivery passed before he yelled over his shoulder, "Norm! Leave this in the reception area."

Upon gripping the edge of the desk, Vanessa hoisted herself onto the wooden surface and faced the entrance to watch the giant robot march towards the parcel with strides that shook the closest portion of the room. She lightly kicked her legs but crossed them after spotting the letter sitting on the centre of the desk. The girl cocked her head to read a few lines, soon grabbing it for a more convenient perspective.