Benny the 1980-Something Space Guy (Platonic & Romantic HCs) (The LEGO Movie)

A.N. - Request more Legos, please. I'm rewatching the tetralogy.

* * *

PLATONIC:

Benny asks time and time again to build a spaceship together, as combining his favourite activity with the person he clings to the most is his idea of the best day ever. Telling him no will result in Benny moping, then reappearing five minutes later to raise the same question with fresh pep.

His mood sinks if they are not as enthusiastic about it or are focused on other things. He buries his sadness before long and lies about his passion for building a spaceship, pretending that it is merely a whim and that this rejection did not crush him emotionally.

Benny floats over his friend's shoulder and, no matter what they are doing, finds a way to connect it to spaceships. He is not trying to be disruptive, but he also does not stop to think while crafting a spaceship out of their belongings and listing all the worlds that he wants them to see.

ROMANTIC:

Benny is fine and dandy with having other people in the picture. He barely notices anyone else during the frequent conversations with his partner, where he does most of the talking, but his understanding of his partner wishing to go places and do stuff without him is lacking.

He always gives a chipper "yeah!" when asked if he understands; however, his actions betray him when he floats after them to ramble about aerospace engineering despite being told it was a solo trip.

The slightest trace of positive feedback from his partner on his want to build a spaceship will lead Benny to construct a special spaceship for them. He takes from the surrounding environment regardless of who may own it, and not meeting this spaceship with a warm reception will provoke an outburst in Benny.