"Screwball" Daffy Duck (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Implied Violence, Implied Stalking, Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Possibly my favourite duck of all-time.

Platonic:

Daffy is free of inhibition and overflowing with emotion. The most tepid compliment triggers a surge of euphoria, while a toothless criticism ignites waves of tears. He thrives on each scrap of attention he can reap from his friend and has a marked distaste for competition. The loss of the spotlight instills a dreadful feeling of insignificance in the duck, urging him to announce his existence via obnoxious and destructive spectacles lest he is forgotten.

One by one, Daffy aims to erase all other priorities from their life. No tragedy is worth lamenting when he has bootleg copies of their favourite movies and a bottomless sundae to share. The duck persuades his friend to join him in skydiving lessons and jungle adventures under the guise of enriching their life, but the constant travel and exotic destinations begin to alienate them from society.

Daffy is not above humiliating his friend when he feels neglected. Crashing dates, crawling through their window at night for impromptu slumber parties, and sabotaging home appliances are common methods. Perhaps a grand display of stolen fireworks greets them at dawn, or a terrible accident befalls a comrade on the street. He cares not for the nature of their attention, only for the fact that it is focused on him and no one else.

Romantic:

For every step his partner takes, Daffy takes ten more. Invite him to a sleepover; he arrives with a packed suitcase and an appetite for becoming roommates. A date is a pledge of eternal matrimony, and every smile feeds his belief that winning their affection is a matter of perseverance. Daffy shares each aspect of his life in uncomfortable detail and without hesitation, believing this entitles him to infringe on his partner's privacy and demand the same from them.

The courtship period is omitted, as Daffy seeks to advance the relationship at outrageous speeds to make reneging an impossible feat. Through a combination of crocodile tears and tales of woe, he masks his selfish intent as lonely innocence. Premature promises are drawn from his partner to be revived whenever they express discontent. Prolonged separation drives him to hysteria, and any reluctance prompts him to intensify his invasive behaviour.

Daffy inflates the concept of intimacy to include unwarranted visits to his partner's home and an expectation of complete tolerance for his every whim. Objections to his zeal are deflected with laughter, as he has deemed the relationship permanent since the first meeting. Daffy dismisses their friends and family as obsolete, encouraging them to embrace him as the superior companion.