Mohawk (Romantic Headcanons) (Gremlins 2: The New Batch)

WARNING: mogwai reader, violence, animal death, use of firearms, toxic mindset.

A.N. - Crossing "write about gremlins" off my bucket list.

Gizmo, gremlins, and humans alike take notice of how truculent Mohawk is around one mogwai in particular

Gizmo, gremlins, and humans alike take notice of how truculent Mohawk is around one mogwai in particular. This mogwai is not spared from his sadistic sense of humour and is the victim of it more often than not, for Mohawk makes a game of trashing any objects that the mogwai likes.

It is both a craving for the mogwai's attention to stay on him and a desire to inspire a sense of helplessness. Mohawk does not see the mogwai as his equal, more so as a plaything that he can covet and possess.

Once the metamorphosis is complete and Mohawk has become a gremlin, his cruelty is boundless. He waits for the next stroke of midnight and then force-feeds the mogwai to ensure an identical fate, but if the mogwai manages to evade this attack, options for escape are limited.

Gremlins, in general, have no conscience and freely bring about the destruction of everything around them.

No help is coming from the hordes of gremlins gallivanting throughout the Clamp Center. They all point and laugh every time one of their own is gunned down, electrocuted, or otherwise mauled for getting too close to the mogwai.

Mohawk is very much of the mind that he can mistreat the mogwai and face no consequences, but if anyone else dares to try it, they deserve death. This has led to many gremlins being reduced to fried skeletons and scientists losing fingers after attempting to lay hands on the mogwai.

The Brain Gremlin sees this relationship and philosophizes about the nature of uncivilized creatures to any human who will listen, inadvertently spreading the word to Billy.

Billy runs into a scientist babbling in a corridor about how Mohawk took a chunk out of him when he went to cage a certain mogwai. Alternatively, Billy catches someone mid-evacuation who delivers a sob story about wanting to pet the cute mogwai, only to be bitten and pounced on by a spiny gremlin.

Either way, Billy plots to rescue the mogwai and take it home with him. Gizmo recalls the fighting spirit of Rambo and is then all too willing to assist Billy in this effort, viewing Mohawk's imprisonment of his fellow mogwai as yet another reason to exterminate him.