Wendell and Wild (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

Warnings: Violence, Mentions of Death, Sacrilege, Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

Platonic:

Wendell and Wild prefer to lie rather than tell an ugly truth, especially when revealing the truth places more obstacles in the journey to fulfil their dreams.

They spin a story about needing an extra pair of hands to exhume a grave or a fresh set of eyes to examine the design of the Dream Faire and then point out that their friend is conveniently available, even if, in reality, their friend is standing in line for a bag of Fawzi's Falafel and wants nothing to do with grave digging or demonic amusement parks.

Wild is the mastermind behind many of these lies, but his occasionally loose lips leave him open to the idea of sidelining the plan in favour of helping their friend do something. It falls to Wendell to keep the lie going until he has a chance to remind Wild that deceit is the key to making their friend stay longer.

The cemetery is a common spot to be surprised by Wendell and Wild and pulled into a group hug. They have ticks to pitch at those who their friend dislikes, and they have wings to carry their friend high above the Rust Bank water tower. In their minds, these traits make them far superior to any human competitors.

The brothers have joked about tricking their friend into a soul-binding contract with them, ensuring that no other demon will be able to do it first. Sister Helley and Manberg are ready to perform some divine intervention if things get out of hand, but Wendell and Wild hatch a fallback scheme: turn their friend into a demon.

Once Buffalo Belzer reunites with his children, he lends his power to clear a space in the Underworld for the person about which he hears his sons babble to one another. Wendell and Wild use his advice to glamorise the life of a demon when trying to sell their friend on it. Despite their efforts to persuade, they are not opposed to doing the transformation by force.

Romantic:

A gulp of Belzer's hair cream is the best way to relax, according to Wild. He sprays it on their partner and says to down it like a daredevil chugging beer at a frat party. Wendell is encouraging moderation one moment, and the next moment, both of the brothers and their partner are guzzling hair cream and enjoying its hallucinogenic effects together.

It is a solid method for convincing their partner to drop any hostilities unless the hair cream is rejected and thrown back in their faces.

If their partner is alive and human, Wendell and Wild rejoice every time Kat summons them to the Land of the Living. They agonize over this barrier, however, and compensate for it by bombarding Kat and Raúl with questions about the people, habits, and locations involved in their partner's daily life.

The fear that they will one day be replaced by humans is evident in their promise to give their partner an all-inclusive VIP pass to the Dream Faire once death comes, an event about which they seem a little too giddy.

Enemies of their partner, as well as human friends who consistently take up time that could be spent on Wendell and Wild, are treated to threats of being eaten by Spark Plug, or worse, getting buried, resurrected, and then killed again in an indefinite cycle of pain and punishment.

It is debatable whether they would make good on these threats or not, as Kat catches them in the act of beating someone with mallets and gives them an earful before the deed is done. Wendell and Wild dodge the questions and change the subject to no avail. Kat smells deception and strong-arms the truth out of them, after which they implore her not to tell their partner.