TLTS Daffy Duck (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Gaslighting, Emotional Manipulation, Implied Home Invasion, Mentions of Violence, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Screwball Daffy is like, "You let me stand in front of you at the grocery store. Let's do everything together for the rest of eternity!"

TLTS Daffy is like, "Remember that extra pizza slice I gave you six years ago? You owe me your life now."

Platonic:

Expects everything for nothing. Bringing the newspaper and a cup of coffee to his friend's door every morning is a colossal feat, one that merits unparalleled access to their affairs. Locks and alarm systems are nuisances, for he sees no boundaries and fails to understand why waiting on their couch until they return is inappropriate behaviour.

Daffy does not see where his life ends and their life begins. In his myopic world, the line between privacy and intimacy is so blurred as to be nonexistent. He believes all their secrets, no matter how personal or trite, are meant to be unearthed. If his friend deigns to expect a modicum of space, Daffy is offended.

Every piece of criticism is cause for alarm and an opportunity for him to voice his concerns. He scrambles for control by elucidating even the most superficial complaints, aiming to convince his friend that the distribution of blame is equal. His share of the guilt is minimized or ideally, it is transferred to the faults, real or imagined, of others.

Romantic:

In Daffy's mind, there is an unspoken assumption that his partner will shed all other responsibilities in favour of supporting him. He expects them to mould their day around him and is apt to sabotage the relationships he deems undesirable. After perverting various aspects of their life, he asks for gratitude and is puzzled when they repay his perceived kindness with hostility.

Daffy relishes being pampered and exaggerates his helplessness to goad his partner into adopting the role of a caregiver. By creating an artificial power imbalance, he fosters guilt when they are unable or unwilling to fulfill his wishes. Every argument ends with him sobbing, and he defends his actions by reiterating how everyone else in his life despises him.

This duck loathes his partner's friends and has no capacity for decorum. He airs each contrived grievance to anyone with ears, inflating each mistake to give them the worst possible image in the eyes of others. Fistfights are not impossible, as Daffy is prone to instigating petty conflicts with their friends in public and painting himself as the victim. Despite returning with a black eye and an admission to the hospital, Daffy considers his behaviour to be justified.