Bigweld (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Heard this was one of Mel Brooks' first times voicing an animated character. He nailed it.

Platonic:

Bigweld has moments of selfishness when he learns that his friend's dreams are steering their life away from him. Words of encouragement turn to fears of ineptitude, and the robot interrupts their day to voice his abrupt displeasure with them pursuing an independent goal.

When confronted with their possible departure, his idea of helping becomes intertwined with advancing what he believes to be true while disregarding his friend's protests as foolish naivete.

Bigweld prefers to distract his friend from their other commitments. Rows of dominoes that form complex shapes and mimic a rollercoaster when bumped are his favourite scheme, but discussing his past as the CEO of a corporate giant allows him to emphasize his achievements.

Romantic:

Recalling the massive popularity and transnational success of his TV show, Bigweld expects his partner to be so engrossed in his feats that they scarcely notice anyone else. If they show more interest in others, he takes it as an admission of his steady decline in stardom. This frustration promotes a lack of mutual respect as his cheerful support fades into impatient and disheartened remarks about the state of robotkind.

A few bleak suggestions about how difficult it is to succeed nowadays have dual motives. It shames his partner for their perceived indifference to his stature and cultivates a sense of gratitude towards him for sharing his wealth and prestige.

No manner of prosperity is denied to Bigweld, and the robot extends both his estate and every upgrade to his partner. This generosity is used as leverage to intimidate any potential suitors into retreating.