Negaduck (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Implied Violence & Death, Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - R.I.P. St. Canard.

Platonic:

Asking Negaduck to tolerate second place is to strip him of his weapons and brand him a hero. Dumping sacks of stolen jewels and cash on his friend's lap merits gratitude in his world, and he expects payment in the form of unconditional loyalty. If someone encroaches on his supremacy in the friendship, Negaduck turns the downfall of the guilty party into a graphic spectacle that is the highlight of the evening news.

Few possess the courage to approach his friend, for Negaduck relishes terrorizing any soul with companionship on the mind. He is not shy about expressing his volatile hatred for everyone else in their life and retains a selfish indifference to their objection. While Negaduck toys with the idea of forming a crime duo, he places far more emphasis on monopolizing their attention than he does on earning their favour.

This public enemy dreams of tormenting the innocent and plundering St. Canard with his friend. Standing atop the pile of rubble it becomes and laughing at stragglers sounds like a prime bonding experience to him. Negaduck goads them into partaking in his violent escapades, sharing the gruesome details of past crimes and bringing heists to their doorstep to compel them to participate.

Romantic:

He wants to see his partner at their worst. He likes to push them to the proverbial edge in emotionally charged situations, twisting the words of others and nurturing a false sense of urgency that leads them to wreck their interpersonal relationships. The logical protests of friends are attempts at sabotage, the rational fears of vulnerable citizens are an inability to accept change, and the protective instincts of heroes are a show of distrust.

Negaduck encourages them to pursue all their nastiest impulses with unbridled enthusiasm. Restraint and reasoning are declared obstacles to their potential, and he enables self-destructive habits to further tarnish the public perception of them. Success entails destroying their every charitable quality and rebuilding them as a villain.

Even when his partner is alone, Negaduck's reputation for brutality acts as an intrinsic repellent. Evildoers alter their plans to avoid speaking to them, and civilians shun them for ostensibly being the cohort of a violent criminal. No one with regard for their life is fatuous enough to kidnap his partner, but Darkwing Duck is determined to rescue them.