Kiss of Death (Drabble with Emily) (Corpse Bride)

A.N. - Just a quick gift for a fan.

"A kiss?" parroted Emily. She raised a hand to her mouth and pressed her bony fingertips to her lips, allowing a chuckle to slip past them.

Her blue hair swung around behind her as she spun in a circle, with her arms rising from her side and twirling through the air. "Why, I haven't been kissed in ages!"

Emily gyrated away from you in a slow manner resembling a graceful dance. The hem of her wedding dress flowed in the breeze, and her veil flew in the wind from its snug spot on the back of her head.

She had closed her eyes and was humming a quiet melody that rose and fell with her nimble steps.

Then, the song came to an abrupt end.

The crunching of grass beneath her shoes went silent, and she stood with her head down and her back facing you. "I wasn't sure if it would ever happen," mumbled Emily, clasping her hands together and rubbing her fingers across the dead skin.

In her voice was the sorrowful call of a maiden waiting for someone to return. The look in her eyes was heartache, for she grieved the loss of so many dreams that came once her body lay stiff in the dirt.

A glimmer of hope arrived in the form of a smile when Emily turned to you. She crossed the cemetery and rested her arms around your shoulders, pulling you forward until your forehead touched hers.

Her lips were chapped and cracked and smelled faintly of rot, but you reciprocated. Although the moment was brief, it held a bittersweet significance.

Emily leaned back but kept her hands on your shoulders. "Maybe we can have the wedding here."