Donatello (Platonic Scenario - "The Pendulum's Swing") (RotTMNT)

TW: Blood, Violence, Mentions of Death, Implied Kidnapping, Emotional Manipulation, Mentions of Drowning, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - This took three (3) consecutive weeks to write, and I enjoyed every second of it.

"They didn't look mean till one of them bit their hand." Words tumbled from your mouth without any space between the previous phrase and the newest, each syllable colliding with the next like a string of rowdy cars packed into a busy intersection. "I thought they would run, but the birds started taking the bread." Your arms unfolded from your lap and began to flap at your side with enthusiasm.

Donnie glowered at the projection screen, his resentment deepening with each word. A strained smile appeared on his face, and he tore his gaze from the video game long enough to look at you with bogus affability. "Can we go back to yesterday when you were singing my praises?"

"Come on, Donnie! Let 'em tell their story," chortled Raph.

A restrained groan escaped Donatello as he tensed his shoulders and slumped his back. Eyes fixed on the purple car treading behind the red car on the screen, the game controller in his hands began to quiver.

"You should have seen them. They fought off half the flock with a stick!"

The scientist bobbed his head, mimicking your facial expressions and lip movements with mock animation. "Oh, your new friend is so cool, huh?" He cursed the stranger with a series of agitated grumbles and jerked the analog stick back and forth like a surly toddler.

The screen split into two vertical halves, flashing red and the word 'loser' to Raph and green and the word 'winner' to Donnie. With a triumphant laugh, the softshell turtle leapt to his feet and pointed a finger at the declaration of his success.

Flares of pain stabbed your forehead as the harsh light poured into your eyes. The onset of pressure twisting your brain caused you to wince, and you faced the wall.

Raphael had turned to warn you when his younger brother snatched his Bō staff, which was resting on the floor next to him, and activated an array of weaponry.

Riotous whirring urged you to peek in the direction of the video game, where Donnie was brandishing a laser cannon. "Can they do this?!" he shouted, voice swimming in malicious excitement. The joy of victory had supplied his frustration with the courage to swell into aggression. Pulsating hums seeped from the machine, and a bold purple glow flowed from its opening.

A perplexed chuckle, released more out of impulse than sincere amusement, was your only reaction. "I doubt it."

The frenzied energy populating his expression cooled to supercilious confidence. "Just as I suspected." The scientist puffed out his chest and rested a hand on his hip, claiming a premature victory. "Science prevails." He deactivated the laser cannon, and the tool, after releasing a drone, retracted into a compartment of his Bō staff.

Donatello looked at his older brother, who was watching him from his cross-legged position on the floor with a mixture of puzzlement and mild concern. "Good game, Raphaela." The softshell turtle sauntered to the exit, passing by you with the expectation that you would follow and the decisive confidence that commanded it. "But I'm afraid this is where our competition ends. Don't wait up."

When he heard nothing but the monotonous sound of his footsteps, Donnie turned and stared at you with a perplexed frown. You sported a look of unease, gaze shifting from the floor to him. The scientist flashed an exhortative smile and extended a thumb in the direction of his laboratory.