Ratchet, Dr Nefarious & Victor Von Ion (Platonic Scen. - "New Quartu Must Fall")

TW: Manipulative! Reader, Terrorism, Criminal Enterprise, Reckless Use of Firearms, Violence, Bruises, Blood, Implied Death, Workplace Abuse (against the Blarg), Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

This is based on the 2016 movie.

A.N. - This one is going in my vault at the end of the world.

When the hangar door opened, the skies turned a shade darker than the most violent storm. Droves of hulking objects poured from the aircraft like a murder of crows, slowly expanding the distance between one another and broadening their reach until they were a stygian net that descended upon Aleero City at a frightening velocity. The sheen of polished metal reflected what meagre light bounced off the extravagant towers, and a cyclops-like red eye that was centred on the face of every invader observed where it intended to land.

Shrieks of terror erupted in the streets as hordes of citizens scrambled for taxis and morphed into roaming bands of fear and panic. As some challenged their stamina by endeavouring to cross the main bridge in a singular sprint, their haggard screams were silenced by the massive bodies of warbots. Cracks formed in the ground where the robotic soldiers landed, and a blitzkrieg of energy bolts gushed into the crowds.

Explosions dotted the sides of multiple buildings, the rush of flames licking the air and broken glass as it was ejected from windows colliding with the public horror in a cacophony of disarray. Multiple units in the first line of warbots dropped as the city garrison -- a team of robots gaunter than their hostile counterparts -- dashed from the safety of their fort with laser pistols firing. The invasion was like an infestation of cockroaches sweeping across the wood foundation of an old house, and the gunfire that flaunted each colour of the rainbow converted it into an attack on the senses.

The rampant odour of smoke and sweat blended with heat so passionate it would curdle milk and draw the water right out of you. A gust of exhaust from the armoured machines was like sticking your face in a working oven, but the unmistakable scents of copper and iron that emitted from their scalding metal were not merely a product of their churning engines. The stink of the assault poisoned the air, just like the blood dripping from their rims tainted the ground.

Then, as if a tremor were splitting the surface of the planet, a voice far too grave and stentorian to belong to any mortal man reverberated through the plaza. A metallic ring followed its last notes before the warbots ahead of you began sliding back and forth like a snake slithering in the grass. The robot who had shoved and slashed his way to the front of the pack stood taller than any other, and attached to his forearms were a set of pellucid blades designed to cut through every material in the universe as if it were a spider's web.

"Stand back, citizen. The galaxy's greatest defenders are on the job." Qwark showed you the palm of his hand as he stepped forward and brandished dual pistols.

You vaguely blinked in his direction, mouth closed and shoulders relaxed. Before the captain could land his first shot, a loud hiss echoed in the plaza that blasted a cloud of steam into the air. One of the garrison robots was knocked backwards onto the ground, and a lanky weapon that resembled a large spear tumbled from its hands.

A stout projectile rocketed towards the centre of the warbot army. The trail of smoke following it dissipated when the commander raised his left arm, slicing the missile down the middle. It exploded narrowly a second after the laser pierced its surface, but the robot was free of any dents and never so much as flinched.

If there had been room for doubts, it was scarcely available now. You examined Victor a moment longer -- your eyes meeting -- before venturing to the outskirts of the fight. "Don't worry about us, citizen! Get to safety while we rewire these bots," called Qwark from the stairs to the citadel. Your steps were deliberate and unconcerned, and you spared no glance at the rangers to confirm their success in battle.