Bradford Buzzard (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

Anonymous asked:

"(this is not a joke, it is a threat)" Okay, now I HAVE to know what Bradford's deal is. Can we get some headcannons please?

TW: Emotional Manipulation, Implied Stalking, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Consider this my contribution to Valentine's Day.

Platonic:

Bradford covets power to deprive villains of strength, believing his pragmatic mind to protect him from the temptation of unbridled authority. To the oblivious eye, the extent of his kindness is limited to job opportunities and financial security. A dive beneath the surface uncovers many a report from F.O.W.L. agents detailing the nature of his friend's livelihood and a list of potential obstacles to their success.

If one is inclined to play detective, they may observe covert briefings occurring at odd hours of the day. The highest authorities of the organization are in attendance to discuss confidential information that surpasses what one colleague should know about another. Bradford denies that such meetings ever took place, ordering the secretaries to purge all records of them if the threat of exposure arises.

Bradford retains a certain paranoia about the world around him, a fear that his history of impulsive supervisors has only amplified. He belittles every command but his own and demands constant updates on his friend's whereabouts. Whenever news of a fresh adventure reaches his desk, Bradford scrambles to assign an agent to shadow them until he feels that the menace is contained.

Romantic:

Cannot tolerate dysfunction. Bradford's life is built on restraint, each call for control fueled by an innate fear of chaos. Whenever he senses impending conflict or rebellion, the buzzard grows aggressive and begins to rant about the integrity of his actions. Everything he does contributes to his dream of a sterile world cleansed of disarray, and any indication that his partner opposes this vision reinforces his assertion that they have been hoodwinked.

He blames their disobedience on a society enamoured with those who beget its destruction. Bradford attempts to goad them into sharing his perspective by promising stability and immunity from villains, citing the risk inherent in a life governed by chance. Further rejection invokes accusations of a toxic social circle, and the director wields an unforgiving stance on perceived troublemakers.

In the cold psyche of Bradford, affection represents a loss of control and compassion embodies an irrational impulse. It is an instinct he strives to repress, but the tiniest hint of discomfort from his partner brings forth waves of anger that prove the fragility of his apathetic facade. To him, his proposal to dominate the world is forever of sound logic. Suggesting that he is a part of the villainy his organization claims to eradicate is a betrayal for which society will crumble.