Louie Duck (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Gaslighting, Emotional Manipulation, Mentions of Theft, Implied Stalking, Implied Death, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Considering the number of requests for this, it's safe to assume who holds the title of the favourite triplet.

Platonic:

Concealing the desire to isolate his friend behind a mellow facade, Louie channels outbursts of disgust into words of doubt. Whenever others request their assistance or company, he feeds them reasons to question their motives. Much of his tumultuous life has proved that trust is an elusive commodity and those who claim to be reliable often have ulterior motives. Louie sees nothing but fraud when he looks at the people surrounding his friend, and speaking of these perceived miscreants in his presence incites animus and attempts to change the subject.

Mindless indulgence is a hallmark of Louie's dependence on his friend. If they covet expensive or obscure items, he will exploit his fake criminal identity as the Silver-Tongued Serpent to scour the darkest corners of the market and organize a swift delivery. Bullies and nosy friends who dispute the integrity of his actions are gifted with phony evidence that ties them to various scandals and ruins their reputation. The possibility of Louie tailing his rivals to expose their weaknesses is not impossible, nor is the danger of him arranging accidents if he should deem them intractable.

Louie dreams of riches and a lifetime of levity. Bowing to a code that limits his potential and decries his skills is a waste of energy that could otherwise be devoted to enriching the lives of himself and his friend. Ethical dilemmas are a distant footnote in the journey to prosperity, only relevant when used to mooch funds and influence from others. While the duckling enjoys airing his schemes to his friend and relishes every drop of approval he can coax from them, ensuring their security is a vital concern. Should a plan draw unwanted attention to them, Louie shows no hesitation in making the next unfortunate soul in his path the scapegoat.

Romantic:

Louie has a list of rules that he expects his partner to follow, but he fails to enforce them with much strength. It is easier to brood in silence and act passive-aggressive for the remainder of the day than it is to confront them and risk abandonment. He aims to stir guilt in his partner and compel them to carry out his wishes without the need for emotional honesty, believing his veneer of confidence is necessary to maintain the relationship. Divulging the crushing anxiety and anger that swirls in his mind when they interact with others is an invitation for disaster.

Intimacy is a concept that both terrifies and intrigues Louie, a luxury that he craves but is afraid to pursue. The threat of becoming invested in someone only to watch as that vulnerability is mocked and twisted into something terrible lingers in his thoughts. It drives him to repress the desire for comfort and instead nurture a reliance on immoral means of obtaining affection, such as manipulation and isolation. The dissension of his partner in the face of a narrowing social circle frustrates him, but he endures this discontent with the belief that their attitude will improve.

Expert adventurers with an insatiable thirst for peril surround the lackadaisical duckling. Where they court danger, he avoids it. This disparity in priorities leads to bouts of imposter syndrome, and Louie projects his insecurities onto his partner. He sees them as a far more stable, competent individual than himself, while his flaws are exaggerated and seemingly present in every conversation. If the words of his ancestors are to be believed, no amount of swindling and charm can compare to the triumphs of his family.