Dr. Akita (Platonic Scenario - "Absolute Zero")

TW: Murder/Death, Mind Control (?), Criminal Use of Technology (?), Mentions of Blood/Bruising, Impalement, Implied Immolation, Delusional Mindsets.

A.N. - Sometimes I imagine these stories as prequels to canon, while other times they feel like part of a far off epilogue.

Akita placed a hand on your shoulder and pushed you towards the curious stares of the scientists.

Inquisitive whispers spread throughout the group as a technician stepped forward to request that you follow them deeper into the lab.

As the two of you descended the metal staircase and approached an assortment of colourful beakers and test tubes on racks, Akita eyed the chief scientist with smug mirth. "It is my most prized creation. I trust you will treat it with respect."

They frowned and narrowed their eyes in disdain, snatching a black suitcase from an indifferent assistant. "How much respect does a war machine need?"

The latch on the luggage was detached to reveal a computer system.

Akita slipped a paw into the folds of his lab coat, withdrawing it once a muffled beep graced his ears.

Following the clacking of keys, they shot the scientist an impassive look.

"You can expect payment shortly."

A devious smile unfolded on Akita's snout. "That won't be necessary," he affirmed, tone poised. "Watching fellow scientists marvel at my creation is rewarding enough."

The boffin squinted and observed the dog with skepticism. Before they could contemplate his intentions further, a scream erupted on the floor of the laboratory.

The technician clawed at their eyes as acid cascaded down their body in vibrant streams.

Multiple beakers and collections of shattered glass marred the ground, countless liquids draining into every crevice.

You stood at the foot of the table, motionless and apathetic as if awaiting the next command.

Shrieks continued to spill from their mouth until they sank into a heap of molten flesh.

Mayhem devoured the area as employees abandoned their stations and scattered. Many fled to the nearest exit, some dove behind lab equipment, but all were intercepted by mounds of concrete and steel sailing through the air like artillery fire.

You hoisted a table off the detritus and scanned the workers for a prime target, beakers splintering and flinging incendiary minerals across the room. As the chemical mixtures birthed a fire beneath your feet, you hurled the slab of wood at the closest scientist before pursuing another.

The foundation began to crumble, sacrificing another circuit board and support beam to the flames. Exposed wires writhed and hissed while sparks of electricity burst from the torn rubber. A discarded liquid swallowed the voltage, and half the lab was consumed by an orange and red typhoon.

Torrents of embers and scorched machinery wafted downwards in spirals, dancing around Akita's head and burrowing into his fur. Ash settled on his lab coat, and the rims of his glasses were stained with soot. The metal underneath his paws was heated by the barrage of smoke and flames circulating in the air.

No amount of sizzling and stench distracted his gaze from your figure as you dislodged a section of the ceiling and sent it plummeting onto several technicians sprinting for the door.

The scientist's ears perked when a series of screams followed, and he grasped the handrail to observe the mashed bodies closer. A cackle began to reverberate through his throat and expand to the stretch of the laboratory. "Behold my creation! What a brilliant symphony it sings!"

Panting and stumbling spurred him to whip around, and he witnessed the chief scientist collapse in a fit of wheezing. Akita met their gaze with a marvelling smile, calamity reflecting in his eyes. "Tell me, professor. Have you ever gazed upon something more beautiful?"

The boffin's lungs were pumping more smoke than they were oxygen, rendering their voice a hoarse mutter. "Akita, shut it down now!"

"Why would I do that," he inquired. "You asked for a demonstration. Is my creation unsatisfactory?"

As chortling filled their ears, anguish and humiliation flooded their mind. "This was all a farce." They turned to watch a falling piece of rebar impale a lab assistant, pinning them to a mass of bloodied rubble. "You were never planning to give it up, were you?"

The scientist unveiled a remote control from within his pocket and aimed it at their disgraced form.

An array of support beams descended from the ceiling as you tore a chunk of concrete out of the wall and hurled it at a technician cowering behind an overturned table.

Streaks of sunlight poured through the cavity and clashed with the sheets of metal scattered across the floor, casting a glare onto Akita's spectacles. "This machine has only one master."

A shriek escaped the technician when you landed on the top of the debris and lifted a multitude of cinder blocks above your head. Their leg was tangled in slabs of concrete and wood. They threw themselves against the disarray below and wrapped their arms around their face, sobbing.

The sensation of having their skull flattened like a popped balloon never arrived, and they peeked through their fingers to discern nothing but smoke and ash.

A shadow swooped over the chief scientist.

Fumes beat against their face in smothering whacks and swallowed every drop of vitality, scooping their innards into their throat and yanking them to the floor. Bones seemed to melt around muscles and accumulate in their fingertips. Blotches of colour flashed in each glance, and a caged beast attempted to split their cranium open.

The collar of their lab coat was seized by a tremendous force.

Before the boffin could identify the culprit, they were flung over the guardrail. Limbs outstretched and hands scrambling to clutch the bar, a screech tore at their throat as the steel singed their flesh. Fire engulfed their vision as they plummeted into the maw of the conflagration. The final sight their eyes beheld was Akita's cruel visage courting delight as their screams echoed in between the roars of the flames.

Arms crossed behind his back, the scientist smiled with a calm malevolence. An orange glow shimmered in the light of his glasses, gaze trained on the agony of those who once called themselves his compatriots. He stood above the carnage, inhaling the scent of charred corpses and exhaling an aura of gratification.

Clunky footsteps approached from behind, possessing a rigid structure only a machine could accomplish.

The slightest twitch of an ear indicated Akita's awareness of your presence.

After a brief moment, you appeared at his side.

He rested a paw on your head and cast an oblique glance littered with supremacy. It was the prideful expression with which one would regard a pet that had performed a trick. "Excellent work." His eyes flickered across the laboratory drowning in flames. "Such a shame our partners didn't agree."

Chest rumbling with a subdued chuckle, the scientist retracted his hand and began strolling to the entrance. "Come, we have a date with an old friend in Tokyolk."