The Collector (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons) (The Owl House S2)

TW: Mentions of Genocide, Reality Warping, Implied Confinement, Mentions of Violence & Death, Emotional/Psychological Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Excited to see where this character goes.

Platonic:

The Collector views their friend as more of a playmate than an equal, someone with whom they can pass the time by using their shapeshifting ability and shadow puppets to destroy the pretend world together. The Collector promises that the day will come when they make this game a reality. Until then, they settle for annihilating shadow people and counting everyone else their friend has ever known among the casualties.

If their friend is not designed to live as long as The Collector and shows signs of aging for the worse or nearing death, they scour the depths of their abilities and mercilessly exploit the magical elements of the Boiling Isles. The dreams and subconscious of shopkeepers are haunted by apocalyptic visions until a black-market potion of immortality finds its way to The Collector. Healers are possessed and then dumped after operating on their friend, and while success is rewarded with keeping one's life, failure or a faulty potion is repaid with curses that turn the offender into an inanimate object.

The Collector is a harbinger of revolutionary destruction and thus has no concern for whether their behaviour is seen as acceptable or not. One of their favourite activities is sneaking up on their friend to spring an uninvited visit that lasts until Belos calls them away. These visits are marked by nonstop chatter from The Collector, with the topics ranging from a desire to play together in the remains of the Boiling Isles to constant requests for hide-and-seek sessions that are hopelessly tilted in The Collector's favour.

The Collector lives for thrills and searches endlessly for a cure to their boredom. As a result, they are a dastardly influence who likes to sow chaos in their friend's daily existence by way of supporting the most dangerous option in every situation. No one has much worth in their eyes except for themselves and one other, so The Collector offers no restraint when they get in the mood to taunt and cheerfully disregard life for the sake of a laugh.

Romantic:

Because they see themselves as infinitely more powerful than their partner, The Collector gives little weight to disagreements and reacts to insults and complaints as if hearing a funny joke. The Collector is aware of their own wishes before anything else and does not acknowledge the physical and mental limitations that their partner may have when they decide they want to play. If the cosmic mind games are not enough, the poems and theatrics about committing genocide against the Boiling Isles will reveal how much The Collector feels that they are in control of their partner's life.

The Collector has the mind of a rambunctious child, so any idea of the relationship that they entertain is self-centred. They believe that their mysterious powers and untold knowledge make them immune to most dangers outside of upsetting their partner, the risk of which is not all that meaningful to them because The Collector enjoys mocking and teasing others just as much as they do the friendly alternatives. Any kind of attention, especially from someone who they consider amusing, is fuel for the entity who has spent eons living under bones.

When they ambush for attention, The Collector expects their partner to ignore the rest of the world, disregard any previous engagements, and indulge whatever whims they have at the moment. The exits are blocked by walls of shadows to encourage this. If someone still manages to interrupt or their partner manages to slip away, The Collector paints the room with screams and behaves like an omnipotent child throwing a tantrum that can obliterate hundreds of people in seconds.

The Collector takes a special interest in the reactions of their partner and shares bits of ancient wisdom in exchange for permission to toy with friends and family. Every time they launch an attack on someone who interacted with their partner, it is less about pride or vengeance and more about how much fun it would be to terrorize the person into madness. The Collector cannot be reasoned with or bullied out of it once they decide to go on the offensive, and they are just as likely to break any deal that claims otherwise even if the person did nothing wrong.