Wile E. Coyote (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Mentions of Violence, Implied Death, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Just watched the new Space Jam. Might do a Looney Tunes marathon.

Platonic:

Wile has decided that action is more effective than talk, so he treats any upsets in his friend's life as obstacles in need of solutions rather than comforting words. Forever faithful to the Toon brand of violence, his methods of resolving conflict involve elaborate machines and traps that end in mass destruction. The source of the problem is finally exposed when all those who caused it are incapacitated, if not obliterated.

The inner workings of a device are a cinch to Wile, but the logistics of friendship are no more clear to him than the Road Runner's perpetual ability to escape from his machinations. Wile, operating under the assumption that doing so will earn their loyalty, supplies his friend with a host of dangerously unstable equipment and urges them to employ it in their daily life. Even though hearing about how it made a task easier is a plentiful ego boost, his biggest motive is an appetite for the havoc it inflicts on their enemies.

Romantic:

Wile has scarcely known victory to be anything more than a distant ambition, but his determination to persist has freed him from the vice of cowardice. Despite this high capacity for endurance, he is not immune to impatience. Wile's perseverance is matched only by his enthusiasm, which contributes to his habit of self-sabotage when attempting to trap his partner in an interaction.

Excess confidence is not solely a weapon of pursuit. It is also a drive to be respected and admired, and Wile reflects these desires by exhibiting his array of ACME contraptions and his implied aptitude for innovation. Every appliance, whether defective at its creation or victim to the unnaturally bad fortune that plagues Wile, is a chance to assert his intellectual superiority.