Chick Hicks (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons) (Cars)

Warnings: Mentions of Car Crashes, Violence, Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Ka-chicka.

Platonic:

Chick Hicks is virulently competitive and has no patience for other cars getting in his way, so taking an interest in someone who is not him is both an insult and a challenge in his eyes. If that someone happens to be racing for the Piston Cup, Chick tries his hardest to knock them out of the racing circuit.

Rampant aggression and taunts are coming their way as he slams into them and blows out their tires in every race, doing everything he can to make them crash. This hostility does not stop at the end of the racetrack, however. Chick has a particular fondness for lambasting his so-called opponent in interviews.

If the supposed rival is not a racer, Chick is all the more offended. He considers himself and his career in racing to be superior to others, and the extent of his capacity to hold a grudge is limitless. Once he lands a talk show years after the fact, one of his first decisions is to invite them onto the show with the intent of rebuking them on live television.

Receiving compliments from Chick is a common enough occurrence, but his compliments are almost always a roundabout way of congratulating himself. He believes friendship to be inevitable because, in his mind, he is desirable and deserves thanks for offering his attention.

Romantic:

Despite his tendency to lie and brag about how perfect the relationship is while the cameras are rolling, he does not like to hear the other racers talk about it. Unless they are speaking out of envy, Chick interprets their interest as a threat. Every time Lightning teases him for getting rebuffed, or The King schools him on how to treat his partner, he becomes defensive and excessively destructive in the following race.

Chick likes to compare the performances and abilities of other racers to his own, often giving exaggerated or misleading accounts of his successes. Fueled by a craving for victory, Chick hunts for validation in the relationship. He achieves this by putting down others and dominating every interaction with boasting.

It is nigh impossible to have a productive conversation with him because he only listens to positive reinforcement and interrupts or ignores any disagreement. Getting an honest word in becomes a Sisyphean task, as all Chick wants to hear is blind praise and laughter after he tells a joke at someone else's expense.

Dumping him leads Chick to erroneously think that getting the media involved will garner support for his outrage. Instead, the outpouring of backlash against him and his actions further solidifies his poor reputation.