Domestic Life - Koutarou Bokuto x Reader | Haikyuu

I just wanna make a story that gives off cozy & domestic spring day vibes y'know? Like the vibes those "clean linen" scented candles give off if that even makes sense (probably doesn't).

•••

You worked at folding you and your husband's laundry in the living room as the front door to your home opened and closed.

"Hey hey hey!" Bokuto greeted, taking off his shoes and jogging to you, the bright sun that shone through the closest window illuminating his body.

The professional volleyball player plopped down onto the couch beside you, smiling at you as if you were a priceless artifact.

Which, to him, you were.

You used to be an assistant manager to Nekoma's volleyball team. You and Bokuto met when both of the teams attended the training camp. The owl-like man immediately developed a crush on you and asked you out on the final day at camp. From then on, you and Bokuto had been a power couple to your teams.

Now, here you both were. You got married a little over a year ago, Bokuto is a professional athlete, and your relationship was as strong as ever. 

Your husband hummed and leaned on your shoulder, watching as you went to pick up the laundry basket.

"How was practice?" You asked, moving the affectionate man off of you so you could stand. He followed you around the house as you finished off your chore for the day, making you wonder if he even breathed at all as he explained what he did during practice.

The two of you made your way back to the couch. You lifted your legs to cross over Bokuto's lap and his hand instinctively rested on your knee.

"I love you." He said, his golden eyes looking directly into yours as he placed a gentle kiss on the side of your knee.

You smiled and scooted close to him, placing your hand on his cheek, meeting his gaze.

"I love you too, Koutarou." You responded, kissing him. His arm moved from your knee to your waist, pressing you closer to his body.

After splitting from the kiss, you wrapped your arms around his neck and nuzzled into his neck. Bokuto closed his eyes and brought his other arm to wrap around your waist like his other and nuzzled you back.

As you began to drift off to the comforting presence of your soulmate, Bokuto gave you another gentle, this time on your neck, and whispered into your ear.

"I'm so glad I married you, Y/N."

•••

Ko-Fi
https://ko-fi.com/kayleekat