Project: Baby - Kaminari x Reader | BNHA

Inspired by a dream I had bc why not

Oh yea this is a GN reader but I did call them "mama" at some point. Feel free to change that if you want.

•••

You and Denki sit beside each other in class, but the two of you never really talk outside of the occasional "hi". In the current semester, 1A had been put into a parenting class and the teacher decided to partner up the students to have them take care of robotic babies. The teacher had went in chosen the pairs based on who they sat closer to in the room; so, when they had gotten to you, they had chosen Kaminari as your partner for the assignment.

After everyone collected their fake baby and the required accessories, the bell rang, symbolizing the end of the school day. Before you could stand from your desk, you say your electrifying partner slip you a piece of paper. The series of numbers indicated that the note was just his number.

"I know we live in the dorms together, but just in case ya need me, y'know?" He said, repositioning the plastic baby to sit on his hip.

"Yeah. I'll text you so you can save my number when we get back." You replied after grabbing the bag holding your toy baby's diapers and fake bottles.

The two of you walked back to the dorms together, silent except for Denki's one idea to ask Momo if she could create a few onesies for your robot child. To that, you replied with, "We only have a week with it. There's no point. Plus, we are not making Momo use her quirk just so you could play dress up with a robot."

Kaminari only responded with a fake pout and mumbled, "Hey, don't call our son a robot. He can hear you."

~

Once you both reached the dorms, you agreed to take turns watching the baby. Since Denki had carried it back, he can have it for the rest of the day, then you would meet up with the electric user and swap, making you take care of your fake son for that day.

It seemed like a good plan, however about 3 hours after you locked yourself in your dorm to study, Denki knocked on your door. You could hear the robotic crying through the wall.

Sighing, you opened the door to reveal your partner holding the baby over to you. He frantically sputtered, "I can't get him to stop. I fed him, changed him, and rocked him. Nothing's working. I broke our son Y/N!"

You took the baby and turned it over to look at its back. Your parenting teacher had instructed that these babies needed to be burped and, to do that, you needed to press the button engraved with a "1" near the robot's battery pack.

After you pushed the button, the baby let out a giggle. Kaminari stared in disbelief as the robot finally got quiet.

~

Halfway through, what your teacher had declared, "Baby Week", you and Denki had started to grow closer. On day 4, the two of you had studied together in his dorm. Eventually both of you had fallen asleep and were only awakened by the cry of your fake baby.

Denki was the one to handle the child and let you nap. As he held the toy bottle to the baby's lips, he noticed how peaceful you looked. The baby doesn't sleep through the night, the longest it had gone without waking either of you up on your separate nights being around 2 hours. The only way you could catch up on sleep was to take naps when the baby had been taken care of.

The blonde felt his heart beat harder than it had been, a smile on Kaminari's face. It was then that he realized that he had begun to develop feelings for you.

~

The week had seemingly flown by, and today marked the day the class had to turn in their babies. Along with a few others, you reluctantly handed over the robot. Kaminari placed the bag down beside your deactivating "son".

"You will be missed, Denki Jr." The electric teen said, causing you to let out a tiny chuckle.

"You wish he was named that. I hope you don't actually name your future kid that." You replied, following him to your desks.

"Heh. Well hopefully they'll have you as their mama, so you'll be there to shoot down that idea."

You tried to focus on calming your racing heart after hearing that.

"Is this your way of asking me out or are you just being flirty?"

Kaminari's smile fell at your response before clearing his throat, "W-well, I do actually want to go on a date with you, if you're okay with that. Plus, seeing you with our practice baby made me realize how much I want to, some day, marry you and maybe put our parenting skills to the test."

Your smirked, leaning over to pat Denki's shoulder.

"One, of course I'll go out with you. And two, wait a few years for that last part, mister."

•••

Buy Me a Coffee!
https://ko-fi.com/kayleekat