Overwhelmed - Osamu Dazai x Reader | BSD*

HEAVY projection from good ol author Vi here bc im moving into my freshman college dorm in T-minus 30 hours & i am INSANELY nervous and overwhelmed and shaky & on the verge of crying so Dazai comfort

•••

Dazai has always been good at reading people's emotions.

After moving in with him, you witnessed this skill first hand. He'd appear to always know exactly how you were feeling and would interact with you according to such.

Currently, you sat on the couch, arms folded around your legs and knees up to your chest, staring absentmindedly at the TV.

Dazai sat next to you with a sigh, "You're doing it again."

His voice made you tense slightly, hands tightly gripping your legs.

"Doing what?"

"Acting like everything's fine. You can go ahead and cry. Bottling it up is only gonna make it worse for you."

Almost like his words were the trigger, you began to shake. Tears welled up, your lip quivered. A sob wracked through you, hiding your face in your knees.

You sobs almost sounded painful as Osamu's hand gently rested on your back, rubbing soothing circles.

After gasping for air, you started to vent out your worries. Dazai silently listened.

This continued until your throat felt sore. You sniffled and heaved, the hand Osamu had on your back moving to your shoulder. He pulled you into his side and pat your upper arm.

Moving to grip onto his waist, you muttered shakily, "Thanks 'Samu."

He smirked, "I'll always be here, y'know. Whenever you need me."

Dazai paused to rest his cheek on your head.

"Let me be the shoulder you cry on."