Izuku Midoriya x villain!Reader | BNHA

Based on the song above
Some angst, also this is the longest story I've written in A WHILE (and maybe longest I've ever written)

••••

Once Izuku saw his phone light up with an incoming call from you, he was quick to answer. Normally you'd just text him, so he assumed something was wrong. You meant the world to him, and since he was training to be a hero and you were quirkless, he tried his best to keep you safe.

After all, it'd break his heart if something happened to you and he wasn't there when you needed him the most.

"Deku! I'm running up the stairs. Let me in!"

You hung up right after. Deku's heart started racing as he heard how distressed and urgent you sounded. Bolting from his room, he ran up to the front door and quickly opened it. When it had, you stopped running right in front of it, panting.

Noticing that you had reached your destination, you quickly entered the apartment and stood behind your boyfriend.

Izuku closed the door and locked it again before turning to you. He was about to ask what was wrong, but then he noticed the bright red staring your hands and a little on your shirt.

Was that blood?

The hero-in-training's scarred hands gripped your shoulders, making you look up at him.

"What happened? Are you okay? Who's blood is that?" He tried to not start mumbling more questions. You seemed scared. It pained Midoriya to see you like that.

One of your bloody hands held onto his arm and gently and shakily pulled him into his All Might themed room. You guided him to sit on his bed and stood in front of him, staring at the blood on your hands. You fucked up. Really fucking bad.

Tears started welling up in your E/C eyes.

"I-Izuku. I'm so sorry. I...killed someone. And, I didn't want you to find o-out this way, but I'm a-a villain." The tears fell from your eyes as Deku's green ones widened at your confession.

"Y/N..." He muttered before looking back to your hands.

All this time he was trying to protect you from people that were just like you. It was his duty as a hero to attack villains, but he didn't want you to be one of those villains.

"Just, please, listen to me. I wanted to be a hero. Hell, I got all the way to the UA entrance exams, but the night before....I was practicing in the park to kind of have an idea of what to do during the exams. But, someone with a power-stealing quirk stoke my quirk. That's why I told you I was quirkless. I was. I then converted to being a villain. At least, I could still get that rush that being a hero would've given me. I was in town earlier and saw that guy that stole my quirk. I fought him to try and get my quirk back. Maybe I could even try to be a hero again. But, when I had him pinned, I told him to give me my quirk back. Then he said the only con of his quirk was that once he steals someone's power, it's gone forever. He can't even use it." You paused to hold back a sob. Looking to Midoriya, you saw tears of his own threatening to spill. "W-When he said that, I just....snapped. My mind went blank and when I came back to my senses, his face was bashed in and my fist was in the air."

You had finally finished explaining and you just broke down. One small glance to your hands once again caused your breathing to grow frantic and fast. You wrapped your arms across your chest as you tried to calm down.

But you couldn't. You almost fell when Deku caught you and held you in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry, Izuku. I terrified to tell you and I-I didn't want any of this to happen. I just wanted my quirk back." You pushed your body away from him, " I DON'T WANT TO BE A VILLAIN ANYMORE! I admire you, training at UA, having a promising future as a pro hero. I want to be by your side through all of that. I love you so much, Midoriya. But I fucked up. I understand if you want to break up. Please, just...know that you're the love of my life. You can call the cops now. I'd rather be executed than continue living as a villain."

Izuku blinked and wiped his stray tears away. He was a hero, you were a villain and now a murderer. He should turn you in. But he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Hearing how you just wanted to have another  chance to be a hero and how much you regretted your decision at becoming a villain. How much you loved and admired him.

Midoriya wanted to keep you safe still. He made a promise when the two of you started a relationship that he would protect you until the day he dies. You being a villain wasn't going to make him break that promise.

If he got in trouble for harboring a murderer and villain, so be it. Even if he got banned from ever becoming a hero, it would be worth it if you remained by his side.