Black Butler Conspiracy Theory

Haven't done one of these in a while. Here we go. I guess you could say I'm a ripperologist since I know the real case very well.

This theory focuses on the unsolved Jack the Ripper case from 1888 and the representation of the case in Black Butler.

•••

In 1888, an unidentified serial killer, known to the public as Jack the Ripper, murdered 5 prostitutes known as the Canonical 5. I won't go into depth of the murders and the case. I have left a link above to the Buzzfeed Unsolved episode if you aren't familiar with the murders, letters, and 'clues' done by Jack the Ripper.

One of the theories of the identity of the killer is a potential "tag team". A woman and a man. This theory claims that a woman, maybe a midwife, was the mastermind and made the man do the actual killing. Jack the Ripper seems to have some anatomical knowledge, evidence that backs this up is the second victim's stolen womb. Hence the mastermind being a midwife (or a doctor). Midwives were well known with prostitutes, which would explain why the victims wouldn't make such a big scene around the killer until the actual threat of death was presented.

Sightings of a potential killer were described as a male, likely due to the man of the team doing the actual dirty work or worked as a cover from the woman being a murderer.

Now is where Black Butler comes in.

In season 1, we meet Grell and Madam Red. As we all (hopefully) know, they were Black Butler's version of Jack the Ripper. Madam Red's occupation is a doctor, she would have at least basic anatomical knowledge. Her and Grell killed prostitutes until Sebastian and Ciel found them.

Yes, this idea might be Yana Toboso's theory of the actual JtR case. However, this theory does make more sense than some of the possible single suspects. The killer also wrote letters addressing their 'boss', that boss could have been the mastermind. Unfortunately, the actual case took place over 130 years ago; the suspects and most evidence is long gone by now. But maybe Toboso is onto something about the case?

What do you think? Could Black Butler solve the identity of the infamous Jack the Ripper?