Akira Kurusu/Ren Amamiya x Reader | Persona 5*

Small little drabble bc I have another Tokyo Rev oneshot in the works that'll be WAY meatier but I have 0 clue where to go with it.

Takes place in the beginning of Strikers.
He's called Akira in this!

Akira had been gone for far too long

Akira had been gone for far too long. Being able to walk around the streets of Yongen-Jaya brought back fond memories for him: attending Shujin, creating the Phantom Thieves, meeting you...

Yeah, he definitely missed life here. Saying goodbye was one of the hardest things he'd ever done. He had finally found friends - great friends - including an amazing partner that was way out of his league. When Akira had gotten back home, he hid in his room and cried. He was alone again. Well, aside from Morgana, but he wasn't exactly the best company.

Akira shook his head as he walked up to the alley Leblanc was in. He was going to greet Sojiro, put his stuff in his temporary room and rush to meet with his friends. No need to feel sad now. As he rounded the corner, a familiar voice called out to him.

"Akira!"

The boy looked up to see you, his beloved partner. You rushed over and wrapped your arms around him, his own arms bringing you closer.

"I missed you." He spoke before burying his face into your shoulder. Your head moved to press a kiss to the side of his.

"I missed you too. Welcome home, honey." You whispered, burrowing your nose into his frizzy black hair.

Suddenly, his grip grew tighter and he lifted you up, your legs wrapping around him on instinct. It seemed like he hadn't skipped training despite the distance between the Phantom Thieves and their leader.

The two of you smiled like dorks as you gazed into each other's eyes. Just being together again was enough to make you happy. The "cutest couple" of the Phantom Thieves - as Ann had called you despite being the only couple in the group - were finally reunited.

You kissed his cheek before breaking the comfortable silence.

"We should get to Leblanc. Sojiro's waiting."

Reluctantly, Akira set you down before grabbing his things and letting you lead the way to the café.

Little did he know, Sojiro wasn't the only one waiting for him. The Phantom Thieves sat in the dark, waiting to surprise their leader as soon as he enters.