Juuzou Suzuya X Ghoul!Reader | Tokyo Ghoul*

The two of you had been dating for close to a year now. You loved Juuzou and you were certain that he loved you back. However, you had been keeping a big secret.

You were a ghoul.

It was obvious why you held out on telling him. He could kill you so easily.

Tonight, you planned to finally tell Juuzou. You could only hope that his love for you would keep you alive.

————

After spending most of the night out on the town, Juuzou had accompanied you home. When you reached the door, you grabbed his hand.

"Honey, Juuzou, I have something to tel you." You said, refusing to meet his gaze.

"What is it? You don't want to break up, do you?" He asked.

"No! It's just...I know that you kill ghouls and all, but it's been killing me that I haven't told you this. I was afraid that you'd..." You didn't even want to say it. Just the thought of Juuzou killing you because you were a ghoul made you want cry.

"Just say it, babe. I promise I won't hurt you." He said, holding you close to him, lightly patting your back.

"I'm a ghoul. Please don't kill me!" You finally said it, your body flinching in his embrace.

His scarlet eyes went wide.

Juuzou pulled back, gripping your shoulders, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"You were the first person that's ever loved me, but you kill ghouls for a living. I was scared of what you would do once you found out." You said, breath quickening as you tried to keep bubbling tears at bay.

You expected Juuzou to abandon you right then and there. Instead, you were met with a warm embrace. You were hesitant at first, but eventually hugged back.

"I love you, Y/N." He whispered, "I know that I shouldn't love a ghoul, but I do. I can't bring myself to hurt you."

You smiled and nuzzled into his shoulder.

"I love you too, Juuzou."